COE is Offically 85% Filled

<p>Per Texas A&M admissions: </p>

<p>"The COE did reach the 85% barrier last week. Anyone who has the COE listed as their first and second choices on the app will now go through a holistic review for placement into that college."</p>

<p>I wonder what happens to people who put a non-engineering choice down for their second choice. Do they not go through the holistic process? Where do they wind up?That is a bit weird.</p>

<p>Does anyone have any idea how many “spots” are in the remaining 15%?</p>

<p>If you list one of the engineering majors as your first choice on your application, but try to list an unrelated major as your second choice, a message pops up, recommending you select an engineering major as your second choice, instead. I don’t think it automatically overrides your choice, however.</p>

<p>Does January 15th still stand as to when decisions come out for engineering?</p>

<p>About 1600 freshman engineering slots last year.</p>

<p>[25</a> by 25 | College of Engineering](<a href=“http://engineering.tamu.edu/25by25]25”>25 by 25 | Texas A&M University Engineering)</p>

<p>25 by 25 :thumbsdown:</p>

<p>Does this mean that even if you are an academic admit you will have to wait until March for a decision?</p>

<p>@bark39 - No. I have a friend who was an academic admit that got accepted into engineering yesterday.</p>

<p>Applied on 11/21 and received acceptance to TAMU and COE on 12/5 - Academic admit.</p>