CofC Departmental Scholarship Discussion

DS20 applied for departmental scholarships around xmas break. Wondering if anyone else heard back, or if anyone from past years knows what the timeline is on finding out about them?

My daughter applied RD, so she hasn’t even gotten her admission decision yet, but she applied for a dance scholarship too.

I know the departments have to wait to confirm admission prior to making scholarship offers. My son got his dept. scholarship notification a day prior to his official acceptance email (2/25). I think some departments release their scholarships earlier than others.

Also, we noticed that the application portal at some point changed to “Due by March 1.” I’m not sure that it meant anything? It still said the application was being reviewed and was 100% complete.

I read somewhere on the CofC site that scholarship winners (at least for ones you had to audition for) would be notified by March 1st. I can’t for the life of me find it right now.

Good luck and I hope you hear soon!

@PlatoMom23 I’m so sorry to pry, but what department notified your son about his scholarships?
Also, did you get an email confirmation when you submitted the application? I don’t think I did, but I can’t find anything that indicated that I DIDN’T submit it, you know?
Ahh, I’m just so nervous because if I don’t get money I can’t go to CofC which is my top school!

[quote=“PlatoMom23, post:3, topic:2081362”]

I know the departments have to wait to confirm admission prior to making scholarship offers. My son got his dept. scholarship notification a day prior to his official acceptance email (2/25). I think some departments release their scholarships earlier than others.

@PlatoMom23 Do you mind sharing what department?