Cognitive Science - Clinical Aspects of Cognition - need guidance

Interested in cognitive science major with a focus on Clinical Aspects of Cognition. I am interested in cognitive neuropsychology, psychiatry, cognitive disorders, and the effects of drugs and brain-damage on cognitive functions… looking for some guidance who has gone through this path before and who can help me understand this bit more and possible schools in UC systems which are rated high …

UCSD and UCB are the two schools with the most established cognitive science departments. I think UCSD is the most renown and highly ranked but you should really look at if your area of interest matches the emphases they offer.

UCLA, UCD, UCSC, UCM all offer cognitive science as a major. UCSB doesn’t offer cog sci but recently changed their psychology major from a BA to a BS and the psychology department is now the Psychological & Brain Sciences department.

Thank you… currently, I have acceptance from UCI psychology in the school of social sciences and which appretn=ntly allow transfer to Cognitive science BS from junior onwards… was not sure how good it is… long term interest is to move towards medical for major

I don’t know much about the cog sci program at UCI other than the fact that when we attended an honors orientation three years ago, they told us that cog sci could in no way be a pre-med major at UCI.

Go here: http://catalogue.uci.edu/undergraduatedegrees/ and look up pre-med focus.