Colby Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Colby College Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 1

S23 applied RD in November and now needs to update his profile via the portal. He username they sent him doesn’t seem to work for singing in. Anyone else have this issue? (Yes we’ve tried multiple devices and browsers).

1 Like

Anyone get the “conversations with Colby” yet?

1 Like

My son just got his - to join a current student’s zoom room next Friday.

4 Likes

what is that? Should S23 be watching email? Portal?

Mine is next Sunday!

It was an email sent out for a purely optional opportunity to talk to a current student. (I am applying RD Fall 23)

2 Likes

Did anyone receive the letter about the presidential scholar or the information update?

1 Like

i think most got the information update one.

what is the presidential scholar and should I see if my S23 received anything important? Email is not his strong suit.

1 Like

does any international student have a CSS profile requirement in the FA checklist? I have that in addition to the fee waiver request, but it wasn’t there before.

Presidential Scholars is a program for select first-year students. Potential Presidential Scholars are notified about a month before RD admissions decisions are released. Your son should check to see if he’s been notified b/c the email includes descriptions of various research projects for Presidential Scholars. IIRC, applicants need to respond to the email and rank a couple of projects of interest. My D20 received the email, replied, and was admitted. She didn’t end up at Colby, but we were impressed with the opportunities that the program offered. Here’s a link:
https://afa.colby.edu/academics/scholar-programs/presidential-scholars/

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten an email about the Pulver Science Scholars Program?

2 Likes

Decisions will be released today, as Colby’s Instagram states! Not sure about the time though.

3 Likes

decisions are out

1 Like

waitlisted…

1 Like

same

1 Like

me too

Waitlisted

I can’t imagine what they even base decisions on with no supplement. I mean, sure stats, but how to differentiate all those high stat applicants?

4 Likes