Colby College Regular Decision Fall 2022 Admissions

Colby College Fall 2022 applicants – this is the spot for the future Class of 2026 to connect with other Colby College applicants and share stats, news or admissions updates.

How do your stats compare to the students accepted last year? Check out the chart below and then share your stats, activities and more.

Colby College 2021 Admitted Student Statistics
Admitted Students in Top 10% of Graduating Class 74%
Admissions Test Policy Submitting test scores is optional
Applicants Submitting SATs 47%
Applicants Submitting ACTs 32%
Waitlist Yes

A Note on Admissions Data: We get our data from Peterson’s. If any of the data seems off, this wiki-post allows registered CC members to edit, update, or add useful information, like important dates, deadlines and admissions statistics. If you have updated statistics from a trustworthy source, you are welcome to add it to this post. Just click the Edit button in the lower right corner.

To learn more about Colby College, the Admissions tab on their CC profile.

1 Like

Hey Everyone. Just got my decision that I got into Colby College. Greetings from Nepal.

6 Likes

Do we know the date in which they released their decisions for the 2025 class for Colby?

They released their Class of 2025 RD decisions on March 16.

How has this been confirmed?

I am saying this was the date they released Class of 2025, not 2026.

So has Colby updated its release data?

Has anyone received an application for one of the scholar programs?

Have you? I actually didn’t but I know it would be around this time based on last year’s Colby thread. However, I received an additional information email that I have no idea what to do with, did you receive it?

My daughter received one for the Bunche Scholars program (this one is a leadership program for minority students). There also seems to be one for science majors as well as the presidential scholars program. It seems like only the presidential scholars would pull from the whole applicant pool though, so if you’re not a minority or stem major the others wouldn’t apply.

The addition info is incorporated into the scholars applications and from reading through some old threads it sounds like you can include any info you would like in it. You can update your honors/achievements, express your interest in Colby, share any changes that may have happened in your life since you submitted your application…

My daughter got the additional info request also. Does everyone get that?

It sounds like you either get the additional info email or the scholar email. Although it’s possible that some applicants don’t get either. I’m not sure!

I saw that too from past year’s thread

I didn’t get either email. I’m guessing that’s a negative sign?

1 Like

My daughter got one for the Presidential Scholars program.

I got an additional info email too; I got it on February 23rd. I was reading past discussions about the Presidential Scholars emails and someone said that their daughter got an email about it after being notified that she got into Colby which is strange. Congrats to everyone who got a Presidential Scholars email!

1 Like

This is fantastic news for your daughter! Last year, I received one and was told that getting the email made me all but certain to get admitted into Colby. The vast majority of the recipients of this email get in; it means the admissions reader really liked your application.

1 Like

Thanks…glad to hear. I’ve read that the majority of students who receive the invitation to fill out the Pres Scholars form get in, but I haven’t seen any stats on that. If she gets in, she’ll come back and look, for sure. Her first visit wasn’t as good as she’d expected (tour guide wasn’t great, and it was during the summer, so no students were around). Hopefully she’ll have another chance to check it out; Colby is a great fit for her on all fronts.

I gather that you’re at Amherst and not Colby - so you don’t have any additional information what it means to be a Presidential Scholar, correct?