College acceptance

I recently got a letter in the mail from Texas A&M telling me that I got accepted to the university (not engineering college but I feel like I have a pretty good chance). Of course, I have applied for UT as well and they don’t respond about major/departments until around February/March.
My question is, when is the deadline for accepting the offer from A&M because if I get into MechE at UT than I will go there but that is still a while away and I don’t want A&M to think that I have rejected their offer.

You must accept your decision to A&M or UT by May 1.
Now that you have your acceptance to A&M, fill out the housing application and pay the app fee and deposit. The housing deposit is refundable, should you go to UT, but if you attend A&M, you will be in line for priority housing. Hullabaloo was full by Oct. 1 last year.
As soon as you are able to log into My Status with UT, fill out the housing app and pay the app fee to get in line for housing. They do not require the housing deposit until you are accepted.

@NpHighTeK Also, if you do get accepted to UT, you will need to log back in to A&M AIS and decline your admissions. Also, decline any other college admissions you received. Once you decline your admissions, you can get your housing deposit refund. You have 30 days from day A&M gave you the admissions decision to apply for housing and be guaranteed priority housing. After 30 days, you go into the pool of when you submitted your housing app and spaces are filled according to date applied, after all priority applicants are placed.

@Thelma2 thanks