College App and NHRP status

<p>Good morning,
My son is a rising senior and is awaiting his final confirmation in the NHRP. He received the email invitation in May and submitted all the required information on time. He is currently applying to a couple of schools that have opened their application process 8/1 (University of Texas and Texas A&M). They ask for his NHRP status but since the official announcement isn't made until September we're unsure how to answer. He really doesn't want to wait much longer to apply either. Any thoughts on how to proceed? Thanks so much!</p>

<p>Last year we called the College Board and they verbally confirmed over the phone that my daughter was an NHRP scholar before she submitted her application to A&M. As far as admissions goes, it really didn’t have an impact as she was auto admit. A&M has admissions and scholarship reps specific for national scholars and we really enjoyed getting to know them. Go ahead and sign up for a National Scholar day at A&M- it was very informative and worth spending the day there. BTW, they wait for the College Board list to officially come out before they move on the scholarship offers anyways. As a warning, my daughter was not on the initial list A&M received (even though she had received her NHRP certificate) and we had to contact both CB and A&M to get it straightened out before she got her scholarship offer. A&M is very good to national scholars.</p>

<p>Thanks so much. I forgot about National Scholar Day. I will definitely encourage him to attend. I didn’t know they had specific reps for National Scholars. I may have him call tomorrow and pick their brain. Thanks again!</p>