College Board National Recognition Program (includes former National Hispanic Recognition Program) Class of 2022

That was me. We got the notification a few days back.

4 Likes

That’s awesome- glad this came through

1 Like

I know this isn’t really germane to this thread, (other than the words college board) but could somebody explain to me why, in the digital age, it takes the College Board over a week to process sending SAT scores? Furthermore, why “rush shipping fees” are even a thing? If they aren’t sending those scores digitally, why aren’t they? When you hit send scores, it should take minutes, and no more then 24 hours tops and there should be no rush shipping fees. Sorry, it had to be said. FWIW

5 Likes

Keeping it old school ‘justifies’ charging high ‘rush’ fees.

3 Likes

Appreciate it. Now we need to make sure that admissions decisions and scholarships don’t close before the CB confirms (targeting early December!). More work to do, but at least there is a path now.

2 Likes

Got the National Scholar award today in Howdy, so it took 9 days from getting the 7 tabs.

5 Likes

@franknd What are the 7 tabs? where?

Is that an A&M thing?

1 Like

Yes, it pertains to the A&M application.

can you speak a little more on this? I was under the impression they were not generous at all

If you scroll back to early September (9/7) you can see the list of schools that offer scholarships for NHRP - there have been some additions that have been mentioned since then and one or two changes. In terms of Fordham, they offer a full tuition scholarship for NHRP (About $53k/yr). It is not automatic, it is competitive. You have to be in the top 2 or 3% of the entering class, if I recall correctly. However, based on info on their webpage, I think something like 71% of their eligible applicants received it last year.

2 Likes

I can confirm this. My son received an unsolicited letter explaining the scholarship, and it says that the estimated value of the National Hispanic Scholarship Program is:
$17,053 Non-Resident Tuition Waiver
+$11,000 NHS Scholarship
=$28,053 Total NHS Scholarship Program Value

And, the letter explains that estimated OOS tuition for 2022-23 will be $25,048, so the total scholarship would be OOS tuition + $3k.

4 Likes

Was about to post the same update, My daughter received a letter today from UNM as well. Also noted that the scholarship was about $3K over tuition. That’s a pretty nice deal.
Also in the “other” category, last week received an invite to apply to Northwestern with an application fee waiver because of NHRP scholar status.

1 Like

Cross posting this from another thread.

University of Arizona - way up - Visited with our D earlier this week. We are OOS, she is admitted with max merit, was not sure what to expect. Loved our visit with the W. A. Franke Honors College. Super impressive, new facilities and the people were all authentic and friendly. More importantly, the whole vibe was very down to earth which is important to our D. She could see herself fitting in well at UofA. She loved the campus as a whole and college town vibe of University Street. Serious contender, recommend checking it out.

5 Likes

You also have to list the school as your first choice in order to receive the award

You do not do this for college board national recognition program. The first choice selection is only a thing for the national merit scholarship corporation.

3 Likes

Does anyone know when we should be hearing back from College Board about their final decision for National Recognition Program after sending the application? My son Sent his application in Nov. 9th.

1 Like

I was just wondering the same thing. Hopefully this week!

1 Like

Does anyone have the PSAT cutoff scores for Texas for the 2022 high school class? Thanks in advance.

Not sure. Seems like the national cutoff is ~1200 based on published data (90th percentile).

I don’t think the hard numbers are published but likely scores in TX might be a bit lower being in the south?