College Board National Recognition Program (includes former National Hispanic Recognition Program) Class of 2022

Thanks. Well, I used scholarships@ua.edu last night also and nothing yet.

Alabama responded and updated today. It’s a little confusing that they put a dollar amount for all eight semesters on the “Presidential Diversity Scholarship” since their Web site says it’s “Tuition Scholarship for four years.” That wording ought to leave the dollar amounts open depending on tuition hikes. And I don’t think they’ve even announced what next year’s tuition will be, let alone years 2-4.

2 Likes

Thank you for your post,
so I checked (even though they didn’t email me).

They’ve updated to include:

• $9K Presidential National Housing Scholarship,
  • $1K Provost Academic Supplemental Scholarship,
  • $2K UA Leadership/Ach Scholarship, and
  • $30,250 Presidential Diversity Scholarship 2022,
    for a total of $42,250 for the first year.

Mighty generous!

4 Likes

I wish my son would have considered Alabama after seeing all these posts. The only school he applied to that provides money for the NHRP honor is the University of South Carolina and it’s $6000/year. That is still great, but nothing like Bama. We haven’t seen final merit yet, but I’m worried that it’s not going to show automatically and I’m going to have to follow up with them. :flushed::grimacing:

"I wish my son would have considered Alabama after seeing all these posts. "

Same! I’m keeping it in mind for my younger child!

1 Like

Just to confirm, Cal Poly SLO just confirmed National Recognition Hispanic Scholars will get a $3000 renewable scholarship. I just had to email them proof and I sent in my award certidicates.

6 Likes

I had a zoom call with someone from the scholarship committee and she said that the “tuition” piece is adjustable…so if tuition goes up, its covered. If your son/daughter takes more than 16 credit hours, it’s covered. I thought it was odd that the $ amount was in there too, but that is how my contact described it to me.

2 Likes

Thank you for this! They asked for my certificate, but they did not say anything about the scholarship. Do you know if this for everyone, regardless of whether or not you qualify for grants/need-based financial aid?

Thank you for this information. My son is strongly considering SLO.

Not sure, but the scholarship is in my award and my efc is around the cost of SLO.

Has anyone received this award from UCF for 2022?

I don’t think ucf gives anything for it. USF offers a nice award for Hispanic recognition

NVM. I see it mentioned on their list of scholarships at UCF. I will call the school tomorrow, because extra money always helps. I wonder if it doesn’t stack, since my daughter received a different merit scholarship.

No, I don’t think it stacks. They usually evaluate you for the one with the greatest value. Your daughter received her merit when she was admitted?

1 Like

She got the Pegasus Gold about 2 weeks after she was admitted back in October. Do you know how much the CBRP one is?

I spoke to the scholarship office this morning and they said all scholarship money has been awarded for the upcoming year, but that you can file an appeal to be reconsidered if someone else declines their admission to UCF and money becomes available. I forgot to ask about stacking though. They said to email scholarships@ucf.edu if she wanted to appeal.

I’m not sure how much the award is and thank you for the info.

Can anyone tell me what the NHMS cut-off for NYS was last year? When I look up “National Hispanic Merit Recipient cut-off score New York State” this is all I can find from January 2021. Is this accurate for those who are 2022 graduates and received National Hispanic Merit status? The students are informed (by email) by the College Board if they can apply for NHMS around mid-April, right? If needed, I will email the College Board, but not sure if they will tell me the exact cut-off for New York State last year. Thanks!

|Region|Cutoff Score|

|New England|1290|
|Middle States|1320|
|South|1370|
|Midwest|1270|
|Southwest|1310|
|West|1280|

The NHMS is now the College Board National Recognition Program.

They do not officially post the cutoff scores, but students qualify in the different categories shown in this chart. It would be for the top 10% scores in the state, which could be possible to locate. Or may be published on this students’ individual scoring date from college board.

Thank you! Hoping my son’s 1300 will qualify him, but guessing NYS cut-offs for top 10% will be be on the higher end. Appreciate the link. I guess we will just wait and see. Good luck to all the potential scholars in all categories.

I qualify based on AP sores but I have not received an email. Have you guys gotten emails yet?