College Board National Recognition Program (includes former National Hispanic Recognition Program) Class of 2022

Thank you!

Thank you for clarifying that. And when is your child notified if selected for the HSF honor? Thanks!

It says that in June scholars are selected and then it says June-Nov documents (not sure what this entails) and then Award is issued in December.

Yes, but is it my imagination or did they extend the deadline? When my D goes to her portal now it says due May 4 (it was 4/29). I also think I saw on last year’s thread that the scholarship winners announcement came late. Agree with your assessment of the award- don’t expect my D to get much or anything if she becomes a National Scholar because of the “need” portion, but agree that it can be added to the resume and should give them opportunities for internships, I believe workshops and possibly jobs.

1 Like

Interesting. Yes, I see they extended the deadline to May 4.

1 Like

OK, now that HSF phase II closed, can anybody’s student login to the portal and see status or is it like before where nothing is there? It seems like you should be able to check status, but it didnt work in Phase I.

…24 hr later edit: and now part of it is back and active again. The document portion, with a 5/20 due date and the recommender portion with a 5/13 due date. (And I assume the recommenders still have 2 weeks from that date to submit their LoR)

1 Like

We too are homeschooling. How/when were you asked to submit the transcript? There was no prompt for an upload. I do hope I did not miss something.

We didn’t see one either so I don’t think there was one… unless we all missed it! lol

Congratulations to your son! Well done!!

1 Like

My child self-nominated, but when do they actually find out if they receive the honor?

2 Likes

I believe all official notifications go out the very end of August or early September.

Thank you.

1 Like

I believe it was September 1st last year… but could have been Augustv31st. I do recall there was a glitch, so some people got it one day and then the rest were strung out over the next day or 2 or 3…

2 Likes

My son’s portal says announcement date is Aug 31, 2022

3 Likes

Is this your college board portal?

Yes. My son sent me a screen shot.

We didn’t see an upload link either! Worried that we will miss a part of the application that is required before the due date. My daughter submitted a question about that a few days ago but didn’t receive an answer yet.

1 Like

I got an email yesterday telling me to “remind my son to apply” Uhh… I am pretty certain he did! Now I’m questioning what’s going on! Probably just an email everyone got but it sure makes a person wonder.

I also got that email to remind us about applying, and I know my daughter applied because I was there when she hit send.

I emailed the info email address and asked how transcripts/gpa should be submitted. I got this answer:

Thank you for your email. We do not require a transcript submission as part of the application.

So there you go! Seems too simple but I guess it’s true.

1 Like

Congrats to yours too! :slight_smile:

1 Like