College Class of 2025 Waitlist Thread

Considering the prevalence of large waitlists this year (more than other years?), I thought it might be helpful to have a place for people to post waitlist updates for ALL colleges.

Most updates will start after May 1, but please post any updates you are aware of.

Adding the list of schools with waitlist activity (in order or appearance on this thread)…

Cal Poly
Virginia Tech
Fairfield
CU Boulder
Colby
UChicago
UNC Chapel Hill
Wake Forest
Barnard
Lehigh
Bucknell
Notre Dame
University of South Carolina
Vanderbilt
Davidson
Georgia Tech
SUNY Stony Brook
Cornell
Carnegie Mellon
NYU
George Washington University
Vassar
Princeton
Penn
James Madison University
Pomona

10 Likes

My son was wait listed at 4 schools, accepted at 3 and rejected at 3. He would have gotten in to most of them if he didnt take a gap year this year. The numbers are off the charts at the selective schools.

1 Like

It will be fascinating to see how it all shakes out. There were so many moving parts this year. I agree, the numbers are staggering.

The CDS reports will tell the story.

2 Likes

Appears from CC (and more at reddit) that Cal Poly has made some waitlist offers Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision - #2087 by Cambriamom?

2 Likes

Virginia Tech tapping their WL.

1 Like

I was waitlisted at Colby, Middlebury, and Dartmouth. Does anyone know how common it is to get off the waitlist at these schools? I am going into this thinking that I wont get off the waitlist which is ok considering I was accepted at one of my top choices.

1 Like

Waitlisted at Williams, accepted to my other top choice.

waitlisted at UD, Fairfield, TCNJ, and Muhlenberg. Rejected the Muhlenberg offer and accepted the offers at UD, TCNJ, and Fairfield. Got admitted into Fairfield, and still waiting to hear back from TCNJ and UD. Hoping to get into UD though.

1 Like

Did anyone who was accepted to Harvard choose another school?? Crazy question, but my D is on the waitlist I am saying my prayers… :slight_smile: (secretly) She is considering other VERY good schools she was accepted to because they focus more on her major.

1 Like

My daughter got one a week ago from Cal poly slo

2 Likes

does it help to send the loci early?

No.

Really? So your daughter got off the wait list one week ago or was admitted a little later than others? Congrats!

She was initially waitlisted. Out of the blue she was offered a spot. I think it was last Thursday night.

1 Like

Does anyone know whether any of the ivies tapped into waitlists? There is a claim, although I don’t know if it is valid…

Highly unlikely before 5/3

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I do dislike challenging claims when we all prefer anonymity. However, it seems more likely that they would at least wait until after the 5/1 deadline to commit…

My daughter is on three waitlists. If you are fortunate enough to get offered a place on a waitlist, generally how long do you have to make up your mind? (She has not visited two of the three, and we are trying to get our contingency plans in order.)

This varies by college. My understanding is that it might be anywhere from 24 hours to a week.

2 Likes