College Decision, Help?! (Northeastern, Howard, Temple)

<p>I'm kind of stuck with what to do for college, so I'm hoping for some additional insight/feedback on these schools.
So far, I have been accepted to Temple University, Howard University, and Northeastern University? Any advice? I am African/Indian, International Business with a Spanish minor.
Eeek!</p>

<p>None…they are all in dangerous neighborhoods</p>

<p>Dangerous enough that I shouldn’t consider any of them?!</p>

<p>Where did you get the most aid? </p>

<p>For my D, we would rank in this order unless one gave significant merit or other aid:</p>

<ol>
<li>Northeastern</li>
<li>Howard </li>
<li>Temple–only because their graduation rate for AAs is not too hot & lower than Howard
for male students, and equal to Howard for female students.</li>
</ol>

<p>And most urban schools are in, well, urban areas. I’d have no problem sending my D to any of these schools. Would you not attend Columbia U or Barnard because of the neighborhood?</p>

<p>If I go to Temple, I pay 15,000 annually. Temple was the only school that gave me money, because of my father’s income. I’d have to pay full-boat for Howard and Northeastern.
I completely agree on the neighborhood aspect. I don’t really mind if I’m getting a good education.</p>

<p>I say go to Howard. I went in 2001 and graduated in 2004 and I absolutely loved it! Don’t get me wrong Howard has its issues just like any other school. However if you ask a Howard alum about their school they are sooo proud of it and the love is very deep. Howard will prepare you for the future and the respect, heritage and history are undeniable. Go Bison!!!</p>

<p>None of those schools is so much better than another that you should pay full price when you could be paying less at a comparable school.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I’d go to Temple without looking back. I’ll just quote newsperrys, because I agree with him/her completely.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I say go to Howard. Its way better than Northeastern. Temple is ok. Howard is worth paying full ride for. ESPECIALLY if you want to do business. They were ranked in the top 10 for business. The networking at Howard is unbelievable! You won’t get that at any of the other schools! Jobs will recognize the name Howard University, and the neighborhood is NOT that bad. Visit & see for yourself. People need to stop going off of hearsay & see for yourself! Go with whats best for you. If money is more important go to which gave you the most money. If your thinking about the long run go to Howard.</p>

<p>The post above is obviously untrue. While Howard is a good school, it is definitely not ranked in the top 10 for business. Also, it is not so much better than Northeastern or Temple (and there are many people who would say that the other two are better) to pay full price for.</p>