College football 2023 🏈

Between spectrum kicking ESPN off our cable and watching Michigan on Peacock, it feels like it’s going to be a long season.

Mike Trico and Chris Simms on the broadcast aren’t terrible. If it wasn’t for the audio cutting out and the weird breaks that are for commercials but are just canned music. :pensive:

3 Likes

Yeah, the Peacock broadcasting is terrible (DH wants his money back
when the game is over, of course).

But, Go Blue anyway!

IMG_0260

1 Like

There is something called The Varsity Network where you can get the Home radio announcers of games. I was working part of it and then at a Warhol exhibit for the second half of the Michigan game. Walked and listened with Ear buds on
 I used to use Tune IN radio for my car but now their charging for football games for the same exact broadcast! Ugh.

Watched highlights later.

I have pretty much everything else with Hulu live and Amazon but it’s getting silly to watch some games.

1 Like

I can’t believe I had to subscribe to Peacock to watch the UMich-ECU game. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

And the late Texas Tech at Wyoming game was very entertaining, which Wyoming won in double OT 35-33.

Most of the games yesterday, what’s the word I’m looking for? Oh ya, sucked.

1 Like

I live in Pac-12 country and this whole season is going to be depressing. What’s especially depressing is that it looks like the conference will have a lot of nationally ranked teams this year.

I am watching this Clemson game and felt compelled to start a thread. Man, what a disappointment. I have a soft spot for Clemson as one of its stars went to my kids’ high school. At least he is having a good night.

Meanwhile, my Longhorns are playing Bama this weekend. Not looking forward to that.

Who is your team?

4 Likes

Let’s go Orange !!!

1 Like

Go Blue!

1 Like

Well #9 Clemson looked terrible tonight, losing to Duke 28-7. Duke looked just as physical and as fast as Clemson. Clemson should drop out of the Top 20, maybe even the Top 25.

5 Likes

That was surprising! Go, Devils!

I’m waiting for Cal to crush Clemson next year.

2 Likes

Michigan all the way! Hail to the victors!

Let’s Go Blue!

2 Likes

Caught the end of that game and LOVED it. No Texas Tech love here. Hook 'em!

Colorado will be interesting the first 3 games. But then it should get real

1 Like

Joining @ChoatieMom and @Knowsstuff as another resident Wolverine! Go Blue!

1 Like

My daughter was at that game. She said there were more Tx Tech fans than UW ones, and that they weren’t happy with the results. Wyoming spotted them 17 points and they still couldn’t win.

My recollection of the TV shots of the stands was that the stands had a majority of Wyoming fans, which is to be expected in Wyoming. But I could be wrong. I just remember a lot of orange and not much red.

1 Like

The west side of the stadium are the reserved seats (actual seats) so the alums, season ticket holders, big wigs sit there. On the east side are bleachers with the general admission student section, band. At almost every game the students get free t-shirts so they all look the same (gold, not orange). Quite often, the t-shirts have the words to Cowboy Joe on the back so you can sign alone by looking at the person in front of you. It’s fun.

I saw a little of it on TV and it all looked kind of gray to me as they’d had the thunderstorm. Daughter said that there was a lot of red in the stands. Driving the 2 hours to Laramie is a bargain at $40 if your team comes. I don’t remember who they played last year for the home opener in Laramie, but Josh Allen’s dad was there to sing the national anthem and there were a lot of other sports celebs there too. In a state with no professional sports, college football is big.

1 Like