College Freshman Easter Eggs

<p>I slipped a $20 between DS mattress pad and fitted sheet, along with a note that said, “Call Mom!”</p>

<p>Wanna guess when mom gets the call? Hopefully, before move-out day.</p>

<p>I remember the story about the preacher’s son heading off to college. Whenever the kid called to ask for money, the preacher/dad always answered, “Spend some time in the Word, you’ll find the solution.” Throughout the year, the kid asked for money, and always received the same response.</p>

<p>At the end of the year, the kid angrily confronted his dad about his refusal to help. Dad silently picked up the Bible on his son’s bookshelf, and fanned the pages in front of him, revealing hundreds of dollars slip sheeted into the pages.</p>

<p>That’s a bit harsh, and is not part of our family tradition. (And I’m not a preacher.)</p>

<p>But I like the idea of planting little surprises for our little pride and joys. For humor, or other reasons…</p>

<p>Did anyone else hide an “Easter Egg?”</p>

<p>I did last year. I left a note and some cash on top of the keyboard on his laptop and closed it up.</p>

<p>I like the bible story though. Harsh, indeed. But, very wise just the same.</p>

<p>Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD</p>

<p>That’s a really cool thing to do for your student. Even better is that you will find out when they do certain tasks. Just remember where you put the money. :)</p>

<p>When traveling alone, I will often find a note left by a family member in my suitcase wishing me luck or saying that they love me. I keep those notes and look at them often.</p>