College of Education

Does anyone know how competitive it is to get in? I would be transferring as a junior, and I applied for Allied health with a 3.1 gpa. I’m in 3 organizations and I wrote a solid essay. It looks SUPER competitive so I’m kind of nervous. If anyone has any advice or experience I’m all ears!

@optimisticag The major isn’t competitive to get in. The university is very competitive for a review applicant to be admitted. Your major is not of consideration for your admissions. One is admitted first and then placed into the major.

Oh ok! Thank you for the clarification.

Are they super strict with transfer hours? Depending on which of my classes transfer over, I might exceed the 60 hour maximum

@optimisticag
Are you following a transfer course sheet from A&M for the major you are wanting to get into?

I misread you post from earlier. I didn’t realize you were a transfer student. That is completely different from incoming freshmen, where you are accepted first and then placed into the major by admissions/

For transfer admissions, the department reviews your application file. Some majors may be more competitive for entry than others and some majors have caps on hours. You would have to look at the specific transfer course sheet for that major to know what the qualifications and limitations are.

http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/majors