College P.rowler Books

<p>Well they censor p.rowler on these boards, and that is why I have the period there. </p>

<p>Anyways, I will be getting my UM book in about a week, so I was wondering if anyone has read through one. If so, does it portray life at UM pretty well?</p>

<p>I have read a number of College ******* books, and I have given some suggestions to one of the owners. College ******* books are good, BUT you really need to understand their weaknesses.</p>

<p>They interview kids at the schools and get a rating as to social scene, academics, food etc. Here are the problems with ******* books:</p>

<ol>
<li><p>All areas are treated equally for ratings. Thus, food, academics and dorms have the same weight,which is stupid.</p></li>
<li><p>They give an overall academic rating to the school, which can also be very missleading. For example, departments at most schools can be either very strong or very week. Giving an overall academic rating doesn't illustrate this situtation. Thus, they don't discuss individual majors or departments within the school, which, to me, is a BIG DEAL. However, as for evaluating dorms, parking, social scene, and other miscellaneous factors other than the academics, the ******* books will serve as a good guide for you.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>why are they censored?</p>

<p>Coincolectr, Interesting question.</p>