College Transfers

<p>I went to the TAMU campus for a tour and admissions counseling. When I talked to the counselor on transferring into petroleum engineering from general studies(since I couldn't get into that major since it was full), she advised me that there wasn't a guarantee about getting the transfer accepted. She also advised me to go with another university and then try transferring into A&M as a regular transfer. My question is that if I was to go do general studies, what would be the odds(even though counselors don't guarantee)? I have checked the requirements for transferring from general studies to petroleum and I think they can be done if I put full effort into it. Apart from that, how would a regular transfer work out and what would be the odds of that happening? (UH to A&M transfer).</p>

<p>Also, lets say its May 1st(decisions due date), and lets say a few students choose not to do petroleum engineering at A&M. Would these open spots be given to other applicants who applied for petroleum but got into general studies?</p>

<p>Any answer to these questions would be appreciated. Thank you guys, good luck and have a nice day!</p>