Colleges requiring (or not) Covid vaccine for fall 2021 megathread

Case Western Reserve University requires vaccination or medical/religious exception.

2 Likes

86% of Michigan students for the fall are vaccinated…so far Yay!

3 Likes

In the past week most of the large universities in Ontario have announced a vaccination requirement in order to be on campus this fall. The delay was not so much due to antivaxxers but rather Canada’s often vague privacy laws. So far no Quebec universities have announced a vaccination requirement citing provincial government directives. In many respects Quebec is the most progressive province in Canada but at times the Quebec government comes across like Texas or Florida.

Temple University in Philadelphia is now requiring full vaccination by 10/15 (meaning shot #2 of Moderna of Pfizer two weeks prior).

1 Like

Again, THIS THREAD IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. If your post isn’t informational, it’s gone. Read the header in the original post, which is crystal clear. Several posts deleted.

1 Like

Salem College, womens liberal arts college, is requiring vaccination.

1 Like

I contacted Columbia and Princeton. They said the vaccination requirement also applied to international students. “No exceptions” I was told.

1 Like

No school exempts international students from their vaccination requirements. If WHO-approved vaccines aren’t available in their home countries, they’re required to be vaccinated as soon as they arrive on campus.

1 Like

Manhattan School of Music today required vaccination of all precollege students aged 12 and up.

Updated for FDA full approval of Pfizer - BioNTech vaccine.

Also found that the colleges previously listed as requiring contingent on full FDA approval (Caltech, Colorado State, Rhodes, Santa Clara, William and Mary) recently (but before full FDA approval) changed their policy to require vaccination without the full FDA approval contingency.

4 Likes

Pomona College and University of Illinois changed their policies to vaccination required some time ago.

Brigham Young University policy varies by campus (required at Hawaii, not required at Idaho or Provo, Utah).

American University in DC requires vaccinations for all students.

1 Like

Thank u for this information!

1 Like

Would also like a list that does not require it and does not discriminate against unvaccinated students (ie no mandatory testing only for unvaccinated). Both vaccinated and unvaccinated can have and spread covid so it doesn’t make sense.

4 Likes

Yes both vaccinated and unvaccinated people can get Covid and spread Covid, but people who are vaccinated carry less and spread less of a viral load. That’s the big difference which can affect the outcomes of who they spread it too.

1 Like

Are you trying to compile a list for schools to apply to in the future? These Covid protocols are in a state of flux and constantly being tweaked or updated. So any list you create now would need to be constantly updated. My student’s school, Hope College, encourages but does not require the vaccine. In Fall 2021 they did “discriminate” by having unvaccinated students get tested every other week, whereas vaccinated students weren’t subjected to regular surveillance testing. They also do wastewater testing which can trigger surveillance testing of everyone in a particular dorm. But right now the college’s website says: “Surveillance testing for the spring semester is currently under review in light of the Omicron variant.” I haven’t heard what changes, if any, may occur in the surveillance testing rules. My student is in a college apartment and the housemates all got Covid and went home to isolate. My kid says they’re back now “and coughing loudly.”

@Kdc1 you can start a thread here asking for folks to simply list these colleges…and I would suggest dating the more recent protocol at the colleges…as these do change.

2 Likes

Ditto. Even now schools are changing as Covid changes - as they should. I think it’s near impossible to predict the future, but if anyone knows of any, feel free to list them. That’s what the thread is for.

1 Like

I would say most public schools in the south dont.

1 Like

the midwest too.

Think Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Missouri, OK etc. etc. You’ll find a ton of schools. Not saying that’s good or bad; it’s just what it is. Some require masks, some require testing, some nothing. But the majority of plains states public schools dont require vaxxes.

in all honesty with my D23 we will not look at schools with stringent requirements because its all turning into a melting pot, and those requirements to us would be worse than not having any. I read someone’s description of SCRIPPS recently here and i almost cried. what an awful experience. Our kids are V&B, and have had CV. No way to pin point who gave it to them; if there was a high viral load or not. It’s everywhere.

4 Likes