Colleges with dance for non-majors

Thank you! I am very excited. And yes, really looking forward to being in a swing state for 2018/2020 cycles, because where I live now is nowhere near one. And hopefully will be able to find good enough dance. @longvt

@Akqj10 how is your daughter liking MHC? How does she find the ballet and other dance?

She LOVES MoHo. The second week of school she went to Smith to audition for a five college dance, and was not one of the 10 or so out of 90 to make it. However, a few Dance Majors did ask her to audition for their Senior Capstone. So besides her one dance class she takes each semester ( Point 1st semester, Modern this semester), she dances 2 to 4 hours a week for the Capstone ( A Mount Holyoke Senior), which we went to see the performance last week. There were five dances, two ballet, one modern, one tap, not really sure what the other one was. A wide range of talent, but my wife and I really enjoyed it.
One Dance professor is encouraging her to Major in Dance, but she most likely will just minor in it, if she can fit in the classes. She is thinking of majoring in Biology on the pre med track, so thats her number one concern.
She is very impressed with her Dance professors, and is making friends not only at dance, but helping out with the other performances on the crew. Since she is introverted, and most her close friends were her Dance team mates in high school, this environment is perfect for her. So for a student like her, who wanted to continue Dancing, but academics was her top priority, we are thrilled.
Mount Holyoke is quiet, not into sports and very liberal, which are all things she likes about it. She spends most of her time studying, make no mistake, the academics are challenging. The new dinning hall is nice, but they cut her hours, so they helped her get another job on campus to fill in her 8 to 10 hours a week she works.
The only minor negatives, she lives in the newest dorm, and her floor is mostly suites or rooms that have their own bathroom, so she doesn’t know the upperclassman from her floor. She also has one or possibly two friends who might be transferring to their state schools, because their family’s can not justify the cost.