Colleges?

<p>Hi I'm going into my senior year if high school and looking to your colleges. I have already seen Stockton in NJ, UDel, Quinnipiac, Ramapo, Fairleigh Dickinson, and UMass Lowell. I am looking into Bloomsberg, Upitt, and York college of PA.
Here are my stats:
600 on both writing and reading SAT
580 on math SAT
Top 25% of class
Going into two APs my senior year.
I need public transportation available and I want at least two thousand students. </p>

<p>Have any of you been to the colleges above and have a review you can share? Or any other college suggestions?
Thanks so much!
Emily</p>

<p>York College is accessible by inter-city bus to Reading, where you can get connections to other bus lines. Or, you can take a cheap bus to Center City Harrisburg to the Amtrak station or an inter-city bus to Lancaster, where you can pick up Amtrak. If you get a bus to Kutztown, there is frequent daily bus service to Newark Airport and NYC. My daughter attends York and is very happy there. It is 5 K students in a metropolitan area of about 300,000 people. Her nursing and science classes are very demanding, but her other classes are not, which works well for her. There is a large hospital complex 1/4 mile down the street, and the college provides shuttles back and forth for the nursing students. It has a low tuition for a private college, and they offer substantial merit aid.</p>

<p>UDel has some Amtrak service. There is more frequent Amtrak service at Wilmington, which can be reached by a local bus. U Del’s nursing program is extremely competitive for admissions for out of state students - it is much more competitive than for other majors. They built a big new housing complex for students in the Honors Program. </p>

<p>UPitt has Amtrak service, but there is a threat that the state could decide to stop the subsidies, which would cause an end to the service (which almost happened last year). However, our new Governor will very likely be supportive of continuing the service. UPitt also has buses running to some other cities during spring break, etc. UPitt’s nursing program is extremely competitive.</p>

<p>I assume there is very little public transportation to Bloomsburg. The location is a little isolated, but there is a large hospital complex and a few nice towns nearby. The worst thing about Bloomsburg is a housing shortage. Many freshmen live in triples. Bloomsburg’s nursing program is more competitive than the rest of the university’s programs.</p>

<p>You might also look at Penn State, although it would be a reach for your current test scores. Most nursing students spend a year at the Milton Hershey Medical Center in Hershey PA, which is highly respected. Penn State treats all students the same for admission, whether they are from PA or not. That is extremely unusual for a state university, which usually gives preference to state residents. However, Penn State offers little aid. </p>

<p>Take the ACT, particularly if you are better at science than math (which describes most nursing students). Many students do much better on the ACT than the SAT.</p>

<p>Thank you </p>

<p>@ Charliesch</p>