Colorado College- Early Decision 1 advice

<p>Hello Everyone!
I am planning to apply to CC early decision 1 this fall. I do have a check next to my name after being recruited for the men's soccer team but i do not know if that will have any impact on the admissions office. I have a 1950 on my sat, a 3.7 weighted GPA having taken 7 aps and several non weighted honors courses. I am the Vice President of friendship club(a club that works with special needs students at my high school). I have passed all of my ap tests with 4's and 5's. My supplement essays are very strong and definitely capture the fact that I understand the block plan,
Love cc, and have placed cc as my top choice above everything else. I have visited campus 3 times from San Diego CA and had a great interview on my last visit. I retook my sat 2 weeks ago an hopefully broke 2000... WHAT OTHER THINGS CAN I DO TO HELP MY ADMITTANCE CHANCES AND DO I EVEN HAVE A CHANCE TO BEGIN WITH?? I absolutely love CC and It is a perfect fit for me academically, athletically, and socially. Can anyone give me advice and info on whether ED1 will help my chances? I've seen post after post about kids way more academically qualified than I am that were rejected.... I'm just really worried I won't get in to the school of my dreams... Any info /advice is greatly appreciated . THANK YOU</p>

<p>@momentscaught‌ </p>

<p>If anyone has any knowledge of whether early decision will help to make up for my grades being below the school average please share! </p>

<p>What is your UW GPA? If it is really low it could be a problem for sure but CC is definitely holistic in its admissions policy. Check out the Common Data Set for 2013/2014 Section C. They really want to see challenging course rigor and it seems you have that going for you (and serious interest as well). If the coach is indeed pulling for you, you would actually have to apply ED for it to count (spaces for recruited athletes are typically filled in the binding ED round so that the student agrees to attend if accepted).</p>

<p>Regarding standardized tests, I am sure you know about the flexible testing option. It essentially allows them to use a combo of certain AP scores and/or any subscore of any SAT or ACT that make your record look strongest.</p>

<p><a href=“Test-Optional Policy - Colorado College”>https://www.coloradocollege.edu/admission/application/testing/policy/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>So in a nutshell- if you are high on a coach’s list your chances ED are better for sure. If you can improve your GPA dramatically after first semester senior year that could bode well for the RD round BUT Colorado College tends to accept the majority of its class ED and EA (acceptance rate is roughly 10% for RD) so your best chance is ED. If CC really is your only number one school go ED for sure but have plans B and C in place in case you don’t get in.</p>