Colorado College - ED and EA discussion thread (class of 2019)

<p>I hadn't seen this made yet. Should be seeing a decision in the next few weeks!</p>

<p>Just out of curiosity, what are your basic stats if you applied EA or ED to CC?</p>

<p>I have 32 ACT and 3.68 gpa... i applied EA</p>

<p>I have 30 ACT and 4.32 GPA, also applied EA. I’m wondering if you have been receiving tons of emails urging you to switch to ED, because I have, and it stresses me out major.</p>

<p>International student here, applying EA. I have 33 ACT and also received the same e-mails!</p>

<p>I think CC likes to play around with their numbers and slot applicants into spots to fill their various yield boxes…two years ago they were asking my daughter to choose a summer or spring admittance to gain acceptance…it really is a great school- good luck!</p>

<p>Receiving the same e-mails. I just throw them in the trash too since I applied ED elsewhere.</p>

<p>Stats for my son: CC is his first choice.
Applied EA
GPA: 3.97 (UW), 4.2 (W)
Flexible testing option:
ACT Math: 34
ACT English: 34
ACT composite: 33
SAT Physics: 800
SAT Math 2: 800
5 AP tests with a score of 5</p>

<p>I think he has great ECs, but we will see what CC thinks. He has also been getting the emails about switching to ED. That is very unnerving. The waiting until Dec 18 is killing us. </p>

<p>Good luck everyone!</p>

<p>Applied ED
SAT- 2010 (710 reading, 610 math, 690 writing)
GPA- 3.4 unweighted, 3.7 weighted
7 Ap classes, passed all of my AP exams
I am being promoted to the admissions office by the mens soccer coach ( The head coach has been at CC for 50 years, so hopefully he has some pull in the admissions office)
Pretty solid EC’s in a variety of different fields</p>

<p>CC is my dream school and I really hope I will have the opportunity to attend and play soccer there next year! Goodluck to everyone that applied ED or EA! Im sure everyone is just as nervous as I am for December 15th…</p>

<p>They release their decisions by Dec. 15 at the latest, correct ?</p>

<p>As far as I know, December 15th is the date that all ED admissions decisions are released…none are released earlier. I thought that ED and EA had different decision release dates?? Does anyone know what the different dates are?</p>

<p>I think ED is the 15th at 4:00 MST and EA is the 18th 4:00 MST, but don’t quote me, I could be wrong. </p>

<p>Anyone else applying ED?? I’m getting more and more anxious every day!!!</p>

<p>Did you see this? These will be a new head coach for soccer next year. <a href=“https://www.coloradocollege.edu/newsevents/newsroom/horst-richardson-steps-down-as-men-s-soccer-coach#.VIIHjDHF_ng”>https://www.coloradocollege.edu/newsevents/newsroom/horst-richardson-steps-down-as-men-s-soccer-coach#.VIIHjDHF_ng&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>@pcmom yes unfortunately I did see the news… Horst was an amazing coach and I was certainly hoping to play for him next year if I was admitted. Luckily for me, he promoted my application to the admissions office before his resignation so that should help me out slightly. I could not picture him possibly handing over the head coaching position to a bad candidate and i’m sure he will still be involved in the program for years to come!</p>

<p>Applied EA
35 ACT
4.0 UW GPA
I have also received the emails asking to switch ED.
Does anybody know whether they post your decision on the base camp website or send you an email as soon as its out?</p>

<p>Applied EA</p>

<p>@skibumphysicist‌ based on reading through last years decision thread It seems like you will be notified on your base camp and a formal letter will come in the mail after that</p>

<p>I applied EA and I’m having trouble with my base camp… every time I log on it says, “We noticed that this is the first time you have logged in.” It doesn’t show a list of what they have received or not. It has no interest pages or anything. Anyone else haing this problem?</p>

<p>thanks @surfsoccer18… counting down the days </p>

<p>Hmmm no @Maczoo… I would try contacting the admissions office maybe or whoever runs that website</p>

<p>mine at first wasn’t showing. then I called admissions </p>