Colorado College -ED and EA discussion thread (class of 2021)

So EA results will be released on Dec 15, yes???

EA results are either 12/15 or 12/17, but ED are 12/15

Does anyone know if decisions are released by mail, portal, or both? Do they email you when results are ready or do you just have to keep checking in?

I see that ED is on the 15th, thank you – but someone in my city (who goes to a different high school than my D17) just posted on FB “Colorado College Class of 2021!!” Ugh, nerve-wracking to see that.

Hey! Where did you see Dec 15 as the notification date? Website still says mid to late December.

@JenJenJenJen that student might be a Questbridge applicant, I think they hear a little earlier since they work through a match system. Just a guess.

How many people applied ED?

Can someone say how they know that the 15th is the date? I’m not seeing that and no emails were received!

I’ve heard the 15th as well for ED. Early action is supposed to be a few days later.

The portal I think but with an email notifying student to check portal.

Did you get an email? No email received here!

Hi- that’s just my understanding of the process. Emails for ED I think go out tomorrow or info available on portal.

How about ea?

I’m not sure - maybe 5 or so days later. ED goes out first.

Would someone possibly be able to chance me for my EA application?

Objective
SAT I (breakdown): 1380, 670 M, 710 R
ACT (breakdown): 30 composite, 28 English, 29 Math, 31 Reading, 33 Science
SAT II: N/A
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.76
Weighted GPA (out of 5.7): 5.15
AP: AP World History (3) AP U.S. History (3), AP English 11 (4), AP Pre-Calculus AB (3)
IB (place score in parenthesis): not offered in my area
Senior Year Course Load: AP Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Spanish, AP Statistics

Subjective
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Varsity Runner on Cross Country, School Plays, School Musical (cast as the lead in Hairspray if that counts as a leadership role), Drama Club, Mountain Biking Club, Chorale (Section Leader), National Honor Society, National Math Honor Society, National English Honor Society (Secretary), National Spanish Honor Society
Job/Work Experience: Worked at an ice cream shop during the spring and summers of 2015 and 2016, Intern at Georgetown University Center for Human and Childhood Development over the summer of 2016
Volunteer/Community service: Volunteer for Stream Watchers, a non-profit group that monitors and restores local streams

Essays (1-10):
Common App Essay: (10/10) Spent months writing this essay, by far the best essay I have ever written. About how pushing a hay bale through the alleyways of a remote Italian village, and the way that it allowed me to connect with the community, has inspired me to devote my life to fighting Xenophobia.
Block Plan Essay: (9.9/10) Wrote about a class that explored how people have previously been able to change the conversation and culture of communities on environmental issues, and then how students can do the same in the future
Why CC Essay: (7/10) I had a lot to say, and it was very heart-felt and genuine, however in the end it didn’t have anything that the Admissions office hasn’t heard before
Counselor Rec: (7/10)
Teacher Recs: Both are likely around 8/10
Interview: (7.5/10) I was really nervous in the beginning, and I rambled a bit. I was a bit caught off-guard when my interviewer asked me how I would solve racism on the spot. He told me that my answer was too idealogical, which doesn’t sound too good. I wish I could go back for another interview so that I could give a more logical answer.

Applying for Financial Aid?: Yes
State: Maryland
School Type: Public
Ethnicity: White
Income Bracket: 100k

ED1 is being notified at 6 EST tonight! Good luck everyone!

Yes, @logan125 – my daughter received an email last night about ED1 info being updated on the CC portal at 4 Mountain time (so, 3PM for us out here in California). Fingers crossed for you and everyone here! >:D<

what about EA?

Anybody hear anything?

My son got in!