colorado college

<p>i recently got accepted to colorado college and i am seriously thinking of attending. however, im not sure if i would fit in there, as i am slightly "preppy," and dont smoke pot, plus im not really impressed by people who do. i just dont really click with that whole "im a stoner and i smoke before classes" or "pot is life" thing. i was wondering if the reports that pot is a huge part of cc are accurate or not, and if i could get some insight into the party scene...possibly by someone who attends and would like to help out? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!</p>

<p>I'm in the same boat as you. I've attended a preppy christian school my whole life (well, since 6th grade). I party some: I drink and I've smoked before (both pot and cigarettes) but they're not really my thing. </p>

<p>I hear that pot is much bigger in Colorado in general, but that doesn't mean that every single student smokes. I figure that there are plenty of people that don't, or even if they do, that don't care if you don't.</p>

<p>i am preppy, drink every weekend but only smoke occasionally and i felt really comfortable when i visited cc</p>

<p>thats helpful to know...i went for open house this past weekend and the person i stayed with and friends were smoking pot quite a bit...maybe i just got the wrong person for me to stay with so it could have been chance. im fine with drinking, just dont really choose to smoke, and hopefully its not as widespread as i felt it was</p>

<p>I had hosts who were not really into the party scenes but it seemed like everyone knew who they were. Plus, i didnt see many people smoking pot while i was going into and out of parties. I guess people just do it away from the party scenes. Just like how they have whisky mondays (just a couple of close friends doing wat they do best). Also, i saw how CC does not have peer pressure to drink or smoke, cause i was talking to his girl who was completely sober but was having a good time dancing amongst all the drunks at the party on sunday. PS, I am going to CC next year. I really enjoyed the class that i attended, it seemed short cause we did so much stuff (labs).</p>

<p>I was at the open house this weekend too. I'm also not interested in smoking pot or excessively drinking. I was hosted with a first year and found that quite a large number of first years drink and party. Yet, I was not pressured one bit to join them. It all depends on where you are and who you hang out with. Yet, I'm still unsure if CC is where I want to be.</p>

<p>I know someone who did an overnight and got offered pot three times.</p>

<p>haha at least theyre generous with it i guess</p>