Colorado School of Mines Admission for Fall 2023

My son submitted his application in early September for the Nov 1 priority deadline. As of early October they showed his file as complete.

Did anyone else apply for the priority deadline? Any guesses about when decisions will be released? Any chance it will be before December?

Thanks!

3 Likes

My son also applied for the Nov 1 priority deadline. We haven’t heard anything yet about decision dates.

We’re planning to attend a Mines event in a city near us on the 12th. He’s hoping to learn more about the admissions timeline there.

2 Likes

Last year decisions came out 12/19

2 Likes

EA decision received today for our OOS D23. Good luck y’all!

1 Like

Yes! Son accepted. He’s so happy.

5 Likes

Congratulations! How were they notified? When did they apply? If willing please share stats and if in-state, etc!

1 Like

Our girl got her application in and complete on 10/10 via the Common App.

OOS
4uw/4.85w
1550 sat (800 math)
Band (with a national recognition), leadership in band and a couple clubs, NM commended, AP scholar with distinction.

Hope that helps!? Good luck to y’all!

2 Likes

Oh, and she got an email telling her to check her portal.

2 Likes

Golden app sent 9/14

OOS
4.0/4.37 weighted
1290 SAT/29 ACT (did not send either score)
4 yrs baseball, handful of athletic and academic awards
14K Merit scholarship

Good luck to everyone!

3 Likes

OOS S23 sent his in Oct. 29 for EA, his portal shows everything complete, so now just wait and see… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We were at a Mines event this morning. The admissions officer said that priority applicants would have a decision no later than December 21st. Good luck!

1 Like

In-state 2023 just accepted 11/11/22 w 4k merit. recruited athlete w partial scholarship. 3.9uw 4.2w 1480sat. 6AP.

2 Likes

My OOS S23 just got accepted with $12k/year merit. Did anyone else hear a decision today? Unfortunately even with the scholarship it’s still quite expensive.

2 Likes

Congratulations! We are still waiting and now I’m worried that it will be bad news. :frowning: It seems like they send acceptances on Fridays, so I guess we have at least one more week to wait if not more.

My OOS D23 hasn’t heard either, will anxiously (me more than her) wait for next Friday.

1 Like

OOS was accepted on November 18. GPA 4.2, Mechanical Engineering. 12k merit.

2 Likes

OOS was accepted on November 23 with an average GPA. We are so happy to have a such good engineering school accepted him. Good luck to everyone!

5 Likes

My OOS son and I are still waiting on a decision. Everything was in by 10/22. He’s pretty much in the middle 50% when looking at the stats. A solid student with average extracurriculars. He wrote the essays and had letters of recommendations. Hoping for good news soon.

6 Likes

My OOS son is still waiting also. :frowning: It’s one of his favorites, so we are holding out hope, but getting nervous!

4 Likes

Same here, haven’t heard yet.

2 Likes