Colorado supplement: the Block Plan

<p>Hi! I am applying to CC for the Class of 2016. I'm having trouble trying to come up with some nice ideas for the 2nd supplement topic: "The Block Plan at Colorado College has a tradition of innovation and flexibility. Please design your own three-and-a-half week intellectual adventure and describe what you would do."
My academic interests are biochemistry (1st-choice major), chemistry (2nd-choice major), and film studies (minor).
The deadline is coming sooooooon. Please help me with this!!!!!!! I would really appreciate all your suggestions. Thank you in advance! :x</p>

<p>Try to incorporate the idea that the block plan allows for flexibility. One suggestion would be to create a block that would have to go on a field trip. Maybe a field trip that relates to film studies. Be creative. Mine was a page long and I wrote about having the class go on a field to meet a designer of the topic I discussed. Try to write about something that you could actual study or conduct research on at CC. Hope that helped.</p>

<p>@outdoors12 Thank you!
Also, is it necessary that this essay is about my academic interests? Can it be about something else, like extra-curricular activities?</p>

<p>CC is concerned that you truly understand the block plan and what that offers. It does not need to address your own academic interests but it may help you show some additional passion</p>

<p>I like what outdoors12 wrote. How about making a film introducing the world to the nobel prize winning research of whoever won the last Nobel Prize having to do with biochemistry or chemistry. You’d interview them and their colleagues, read their papers, visit their labs, maybe try to replicate their experiments, discuss the applicability of the research to real life…</p>

<p>You might consider addressing that the block system comes in tandem with the availablity of adjuncts. IMO–that was something my S loved and used to his advantage throughout his 4 years at CC. Any block where the study load allowed he took one or more. Although there is a limit on how many credits can be achieved through use of adjuncts, it still is a great plus that the morning only (with rare exception) block system facilitates.</p>

<p>Thank you all for your opinions!
@parentoftwo That’s a great idea! I’ll try to write an essay on that.</p>

<p>My son wrote his block plan essay completely on his own from idea to putting it on paper. They are interested in your creativity not that of parents’ or other adults’.</p>