Columbia Class of 2027 Official Thread

International.
If it matters, Columbia is need aware for me and asked me to submit my 2022-23 tax docs in USD conversions on Feb 15th

That sounds like a good sign for you then!

I have 3 too. One permanent address. Two mailing addresses. Didnā€™t get a likely from Columbia, but I got one from Cornell.

1 Like

So is having three addresses for intā€™ls and two addresses for domestics a good sign? Assuming you only submitted one into commonapp ofc.

Iā€™m a domestic student but living abroad. My addresses are international

1 Like

same here

1 Like

Did you submit the tax returns for the year covering most of 2021? And was this an added requirement?

Hopefully

I already did thatā€¦ So i submitted march 2021-june 2022ā€¦ They then asked me for June 2022-feb 2023 (whatever wad there)

Same here! (International). It happened to me in Dukeā€™s portal as well; the only relation I could think of between Duke and Columbia is that they both use Slate (another relation could be that I got into both, but thatā€™s not likely at all). The only detail, however, is that in Duke I can see three addresses, while in Columbia I can only see two, although if I click on Edit Addresses, then I see three of them.

Did you get an interview? My son did, hoping he has a chance :crossed_fingers: good luck

Well, all schools use slate. But theyā€™re handled differently

1 Like

If multiple people on here have 3 international addresses then most likely itā€™s not indicative of anything

3 isnā€™t a big sample size, really

I documented the number of addresses for multiple schools about a year ago, and Columbia had 2 addresses then, although only 1 was submitted at the time of application.

Guys it means no absolute thing. The only school that had a glitch about the number of addresses was Stanford and it was corrected last year, I think. Stop imagining those scenarios for all schools.

1 Like

Wdym, as in, the schools that had multiple addresses in an app?

1 Like

I had three addresses at the start when I submitted in common app. It doesnā€™t mean anything I think

2 Likes

My son hasnā€™t received a likely letter. yet. Does it mean that he has no chance and will be rejected?

No. Many people that do get in donā€™t get likely letters. You still got a great shot!