Columbia Class of 2027 Official Thread

yep, I did. They looked it up and they said our package is complete. At that time, our list was still showing up. I asked her why some of our friends have their lists empty, she mentioned there was a system error and that it should be fixed shortly. Then I log back into my portal, and our list was gone too.

2 Likes

Guess not then. I stand corrected!

We can’t even track our financial aid app anymore. We couldn’t at all–it kept saying our login info was wrong and after 6 attempts it would lock us out. I reached out to Columbia a week or 2 ago and they reset the password and we were able to log in. Then the next day, got that same error that it was the wrong login. I emailed them again about it today but not expecting to hear back.

The financial Aid office prepares packages for everyone, regardless of potential admission, at least for those who they are need-blind for. Idk about internationals.

I do have to wonder, if the lists went down to a technical error, why they went down for different people at seemingly different times.

They said “package is complete” right?
Either we got in (Praying) or they’re trained to say that

2 Likes

Now I don’t work in admissions or fin aid, but I really doubt they’d spend hours and months of their lives preparing aid packages for students who’re going to get rejected anyways. Why make them do 20x the work? (acceptance rate = 4% so 100% applicants = 25x the work. 70% apply aid. So 20x approx)

Besides, I’m int’l and they’re need aware so pretty sure they make aid packages for a select few since they run out of funding by the time they get to us (makes us sound like leftovers-consumers ffs)

2 Likes

'Cause we are.

What??

Well US schools are for US students

Yea. But the fact that full pay students have it so much easier just screams “you’re poor lmao”

Make it all or none

deleted

Not sure what you mean. It is either poor or rich. Middle class need not apply except at their own financial peril.

Well good for you. Likely letters are usually reserved for athletes.

1 Like

That is correct. Haven’t seen a thread with so many panic parents about aid. You file your CSS and upload tax stuff to IDOC and done. The rest is a BLACK BOX. Chill.

What are you trying to get at?

I’m saying that, for international students, asking for aid hurts your application SIGNIFICANTLY. That’s unlike US citizena for whom aid doesn’t affect their decision. If you meant that paying 80k a year is middle class, it’s not.

People in the top1% in my country don’t even make 80k USD a year. Forget paying that for college

I don’t buy it. And what I am saying is that no US middle class can afford these schools because they get almost no aid and certainly to even close to the FAFSA EFC. The only way to attend is to be low income where you will get aid or so rich you don’t care. International? No idea.

1 Like

What do you mean “don’t buy it?”

All universities, except like 5, say that “we’re need aware for non citizens and applying for aid will affect the decision”

All I am saying is that middle class Americans can not afford Columbia or any Ivy either. They dont get any appreciable aid either. If you are American and low income that is feasible - lots of aid. Or if you are rich American you don’t care. We are middle class with an EFC of about $35K which we can’t afford. No ivy has come close to even meeting that EFC need. When we do the math most Americans go to State schools.

2 Likes

I meant can’t and not can in original email. Also many schools are need aware for Americans too. Like Colgate.

1 Like