Columbia GS Fall 2023 Early/Regular Decision Thread

final set of acceptances were sent yesterday. Congrats to those who got in!

sent in email?? or mail??

email

when did you submit? I submitted April, have received zero email.

Ah I see you submitted may 15, how do you know thats all of the acceptances, if I have not received a denial or acceptance? Seems untrue.

It says on discord as someone called them

which discord? Because it’s definitely rolling admissions, and they do them in batches. Did you receive yours yesterday?

Clearly it’s not rolling and they just have their favourite applicants. I know someone who heard back last week which was their 5th week. GS is trash, overrated, and we all should Withdraw our applications!

I already emailed them and withdrew last night.

Even if they told me I’m in, there’s no way I could’ve attended. Already said yes to Stanford

Yikes…

You’re gonna trust some random person on discord over admissions? They likely meant columbia college.

random person on discord vs random person on cc

Some people on Reddit got in this week

Um, no, I’m saying easily look on their site, where they say they are rolling.

How to Apply | School of General Studies.

whatever helps you sleep at night

Question for everyone here.
I was accepted to the program for Fall 2023. I will defer entrance till Fall 2024.
By the time I am done with my studies I will be 52.
Do you think I should give it a try taking upon debts and loans for going to Columbia or staying at my local college where I do go for free?
Have such dilemma at the moment.

Hi, When did you get the acceptance letter? can u show us your stats?

When do they release decisions on July 15th?

I got my acceptance letter back in May. I applied in March 15, early acceptance I think it was.

Nothing spectacular about me really. 48 and mother of a 24 year old daughter. Finished high school 30 years ago. Decided to go back to school in 2021 and became a Phi Theta Kappa member in 2022. Trilingual: English, Spanish, German. Know sign language, and a bit of Japanese, French, Portuguese.

Bible Study teacher and absolutely loved it.
During elementary school ended up with the second highest GPA and in high school was highest GPA of my class.

Worked 13 years for a company that manufactures aircrafts as a Simulator Repair Coordinator and loved it.

Animal lover (rescued 4 cats from the street).

Nothing amazing.

1 Like