COLUMBIA TRANSFER: Fall 2021

Admission and Financial Aid are two totally separate departments. It is NOT an indicator.

3 Likes

My checklist was disappeared yesterday. I used to have “Home” and “Document and Message.” Now, I only have “Home.”

1 Like

same here ^

screenshot?

image|690x319

From last year’s thread, someone said:

Did anyone else’s financial aid portal go from “Documents and Messages”, “Home” to just “Home” now?

I guess that means they’re likely already done with the bulk of decisions and they’re starting to make financial aid decisions.

Do you only have that much? I have a disclosure letter as well.

Yes! I do have that

Okay nice!

Do you have menu button??

Yes I do

Hey guys just wanna say good luck with the results this week! I know everyone is getting nervous bc of their grades or ECs but I talked to some past transfers who got admitted last year. Some people with a 3.6 and a 3.7 was able to get in bc of their ECs and their writing. Don’t lose hope if you don’t have a 4.0! I hope everyone pulled through with their essays and ECs :blush:

4 Likes

I have a super weird situ for those of you who may be interested in offering an opinion:
I applied as a transfer. I took only a gap semester meaning I can’t apply as a first-year because I’m earning more than 24 credits. (College freshman atm). So, I have no grades for the fall semester and no ‘official’ grades for the spring, but I’m on track to end with a 4.00. So, most definitely going to be rejected this year but my EC’s and essay are pretty strong and my major combination might be a lil weird so I’m hoping it’ll give me a boost and at least a waitlist.

Based on Columbia’s admission philosophy that “application results are not based on a single formula,” I would say neither a 4.0 GPA nor a good essay alone can get us in. In other words, only a combination of factors builds up our chances! However, I do believe our intended majors are important for transfer application, bc the decisions are balancing acts among institutional needs.

1 Like

I think in your case they will weigh your high school performance more heavily than college because of few credits

1 Like

Are decisions coming out this week?

This is so sweet! Thank you. I wish you the exact same. Let’s stay hopeful and we got this :heart:

1 Like

You all are very sweet! Good luck everyone! Hope to see you guys on campus🥺

2 Likes

Yes!! Best of luck to all of you, and here’s hopping decisions come out soon :slight_smile: but no matter what happens, y’all are going to do amazing things!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really really hope they can notify the decision date ASAP!

1 Like