COLUMBIA TRANSFER: Fall 2021

I agree! Did anyone email them for the decision dates?

I may call them this week

1 Like

How many of us think its gonna be this friday the 7th? Considering last year was on 8th which was also friday

6 Likes

Hi. Can anyone give me insights of my chances of getting in? I went through a really tough situation, so any insight is appreciated :pleading_face:

TLDR: Uncle dying from cancer impacted first semester so my GPA isn’t a 4.0 and I am worried

College GPA is a 3.7. I ended up doing a late withdrawal of my first semester (Fall 2019) a few months ago bc I legit had a 0.62 that semester. My uncle died of lung cancer and this affected me tremendously bc we were trying to bring him from India to America for cancer treatment. The following semester I got a 3.8 and kept it up to my current semester. (Except the summer session when I had to take gen chem 2, got a C but I have an A rn in Orgo 2). I feel like my growth is a good story but I dont know, Im scared it’s too low. I have the first semester removed from my record but once again im so iffy with my 3.7 :(( I sent them a formal letter detailing the entire situation of my first semester.

I feel like my essays, recs, and ECs are good. I’ll just list my ECs below

• Clubs: President of Photography Club and Secretary of a Biochemistry Club
  • Research
  • Job: Photography business (5 figures & do charity work) and university photographer for sports and then theater
  • Tutor: Physiology and English
  • Graphic designer for March for Science
  • I’m a Japanese TA

Once again, I know you aren’t admission officers but any input would be nice for me to read. It’ll give me a glance of what to expect this Friday or whenever we get our results.

We are super unprofessional lol but could you tell us your college, your sat score, your major, etc?

Oh sure! Sorry forgot about that. I got a 36 on my ACTs and a 1590 on my SAT! I’m a biochem major and going to a state school rn on full ride

Well you certainly don’t need to worry

1 Like

Yea ^^^

Do you guys think race plays a factor in admissions? just curious

Unfortunately it does. Universities have to meet certain quota to show they arent discriminating against anyone but i am sure it plays a role

Has everyone documents and messages tab disappeared now? Mine is gone.

Huh? Are you talking about the financial aid docs?

Yes I am

That disappeared about 4 5 days ago for everyone

Ahh OK. I’m late lol

Any changes in your CU portal with the checklist? Mine still looks the same…

I did not have mine a while now, but I am waitlisted

Did you apply for transfer? When did you get your decision?

No. I am a first year applicant

This is the thread for transfer applicants - our decision dates are way off

4 Likes