Columbia Transfer : Fall 2022

the fafsa correction was in mid-april. and the form through idoc was for outside scholarships. I didn’t get a request for this worksheet until a few weeks after all my other forms were submitted. they had sent me an email originally saying that didn’t receive any of my forms and they gave me a list of what they needed. so I resent them, they were processed and marked as received, and then the fafsa correction came a few weeks after it was already received and the outside scholarship form came a few days after the fafsa correction

my fafsa correction was for fixing my parent’s financial contribution

oh that’s probably a good sign! good luck!

They messed up my SSN too, aha. Glad to know I wasn’t the only one! Luckily I caught it earlier, though still after the deadline, but they said it shouldn’t have an impact on aid.

I don’t think them asking for corrections/forms says much about one’s chances… I feel like it’s just work that the financial office has to do for pretty much anyone, and they’re not going to wait to do it until after they’ve decided to accept someone… but good luck to everyone anyway!

2 Likes

tots true! gl!

wow, can’t believe this thread has suddenly blown up this much! All the best to everyone! Much love!<3

1 Like

Hey everyone, I checked my portal today at 5 pm and had a decision, hopefully everyone else did too!

Really? I haven’t seen anyone else online say the same.

What was the decision?

I was accepted! For GS

3 Likes

Did you get an email from admissions beforehand?

1 Like

I did not, I just heard that decisions might release today, which I thought was weird for a Sunday but sure enough, I had an update right at 5 pm EST.

1 Like

Congratulations!!

I’m not sure how the timeline for General Studies compares to the timeline for Columbia College (that’s what I applied for), so depending on which school everyone applied to I guess we’ll all be hearing at different times.

2 Likes

GS decisions usually earlier than CC. Anyways congratulations!

1 Like

Thank you! I applied back in February so it’s been torturous waiting for a response. Hope you all hear back soon. Hang in there!

1 Like

You’ve got ur bright future! Best wishes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hi! im new here, i wanted to know where we’d find our decisions? i applied for GS as well and starting to get nervous! best of luck to everyone <3

You should have gotten an email about setting up your application portal a few days after you submitted your app. The decision would be updated in there. Usually colleges email you when they’ve updated the portal, but since geeban didn’t get an email, that might not be the case.

has anyone called the ao by any chance? does anyone know whether barnard/columbia will release at the same time? or when columbia usually releases?

1 Like

i emailed them, literally all they said was “by june 1st”. i guess they don’t have a set date yet

3 Likes