Columbia University Admissions Fall 2022

thank you!

That’s great! Congrats!!

me neither

Wow that is achievement , many congratulations! Did you get an interview? Did you get likely letter today?

Thank you!!

I did not have an interview, and I got the letter just about 50 minutes ago!

4 Likes

My son got a likely letter around 5 PM EST today and was also selected as Egleston Scholar. He didn’t get an interview from Columbia. We are not sure what is an “Egleston Scholar”, but will find out in the coming days.

7 Likes

WOW, Amazing accomplishment, i thought he got yale likely letter too! You must be so proud for rare achievements

2 Likes

amazing, well deserved

My daughter (no interview) also received a likely letter as an Egleston Scholar. I think they offer $10k for research related activities each year as well as a bunch of other stuff.

10 Likes

Congratulations to your daughter! Incredible achievement.

Congratulations

please share her stats

1 Like

congratulations!

Congrats to your son!

3.96uw/4.7w
AP Calc AB/BC-5
APUSH-5
AP Bio-5
APES-5
AP Physics 1 - 4
AP Lit - 5
AP Stats -5
AP HUG -4
AP CSP-4
AP CS - 4

Took up to Linear Algebra in cc as well as additional math/computational biology, data structures courses in college. Internships in biomed engg/med school/environmental science, summer research programs (3), started few clubs, spends tons of time volunteering, bunch of trivial awards, teachers/mentors loved her (great recs I am assuming?) Took 19 AP courses in high school. Hard worker and smart, but definitely not a genius. Some science fair awards. USACO - qualified for silver.

8 Likes

Impressive young lady. Congratulations and best wishes to her, wherever she lands!

Son received a likely letter and is likely a “Davis scholar” so excited!!!

They do exist. No interviews either but he did attend CE2.

9 Likes

Congratulations! All the Best !!

1 Like

Congratulations to you all!!!

My sister got a likely yesterday as a Davis scholar too!!! I am so proud of her. She doesn’t have an account here, so I thought I would post something for her.

She did not get an interview and had lost all hope for Columbia. But it all turned out great in the end. She was accepted into SHAPE and CE2 so maybe that made the interview unnecessary.

She applied test optional since every time she signed up for a SAT (which was like 5 times), her test was cancelled (most of the time on the test day after driving an hour to get to the test site). Anyway after all that she just gave up trying. She did get two PSAT/NMSQT national recognition awards though (Hispanic and Rural).

She is not a first generation college student (our parents were, in fact they were both first in their families to finish jr high and high school as well as college and grad school). I am a senior at Stanford.

She has a 4.0UW GPA (4.48W) and a kajillion science fair awards (she was an ISEF Finalist twice). She took 6 of the 7 AP courses offered at her school (only three were STEM based).

Besides that she took part in three school clubs (two with leadership) and choir. She also took part in three summer programs (SAMS, UChicago Emerging Rural Leaders, and USNA Summer STEM program).

She was also accepted into UChicago EA so she has a tough decision to make since she loves them both.

7 Likes

Congratulations to all admitted and good luck to everyone in all their college apps. EA at Chicago seems almost impossible. That is great but with that background it is clear why many schools will hope to have her.

For likely letters, do they come as an email or a physical letter? And is out of the blue or did people have a hint they were coming. So amazing.

Best!

1 Like