Columbia University Science Honors Program ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

<p>yes the answer was 7 ,because u have to do 2x2x2 , both times , for the other faces :)</p>

<p>@falling4rain: no was the answer given along with the question on the site? if so can you post the link on the blog?</p>

<p>my math teacher hasnt sent in a letter of recomendation. she was supposed to send 1 in on march 24. its is march 31st. will they still accept it or am i doomed. plus if you dont have a letter of recomendation does that mean you cant get into the program</p>

<p>Expecting 710 on the March SAT Reasoning Math 2010 SAT. However retaking this May for a 770+.</p>

<p>I’m a junior btw.</p>

<p>uhh… it was just a random question i found thought it was interesting , i tried looking it up agen couldnt find it , so sorry , anyway how r u guys trying to prepare for this test ? :O</p>

<p>^ You can’t prepare for the test.</p>

<p>Do we need to bring anything? pens/pencils, calculator (what kind?), etc</p>

<p>Those that are going to take it on the 10th can you tell us if the test was hard; after you take it of course</p>

<p>@JHUGirl: ur doing it the right way, and it WOULD be 11…except that u forgot that a cube has 6 faces. u only accounted for 4 of them. so u need to do the same thing again, so… (27 - 2x2x3 - (2x2x3-2x2x2) - (2x2x3-2x2x2)) = 7, not 11</p>

<p>yes please , tell us :slight_smile: … im scared for this test :l</p>

<p>I never got an email saying which date I would be taking them, did i not get in?</p>

<p>@miler452 yeah i realized it yesterday when i was looking at another cube problem. And i was wondering if you could find out if the AMC problems are going to be from the 10th grade or 12. !0 is really easy. </p>

<p>@Sumx724 you have to go onto the website whaere you sumitted your application. That is where the pass is.</p>

<p>i posted earlier asking whether or not the problems were from the AMC 10 or 12. i agree that the 10th grade ones r very easy, and the 12th grade ones not so much. if we dont get any of the people whove taken it in the past to tell us, i can tell u guys after i take it on the 10th.</p>

<p>can someone tell me what kind of questions are being asked in earth science section? I have never done anything in earth science, just bought the book and want to do some reading from the book. I am a freshman.</p>

<p>Miler452: good Luck for the 10th</p>

<p>Who else is taking it in the International Affairs Bldg???</p>

<p>I got Room 312 Mathematics Hall April 10.</p>

<p>Cmon, the test really isnt that hard. if you are good at math, pay attention in biology, and have a bit of chem/physics knowledge, you’ll do well on the test. There’s nothing past fundamentals.</p>

<p>Have you taken the test before, Yet?</p>

<p>Just read the whole thread on this. I’m in room 207 of Mathematics Hall if anyone is wondering. </p>

<p>I wanted to ask you people for some basic Physics formulas or such just in-case for the test. I have not yet taken Physics but I’ll be thankful if people suggested some.</p>