Columbia University Science Honors Program ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

<p>wow well thts good wow 2 days left for the 10th pple :open_mouth: … GUYS PLEASE REMEMBER WHAT QUESTIONS THEY ASK and good luck too wish the best for all of you (: …</p>

<p>@falling4rain</p>

<p>Hey, i’m in that room too XD</p>

<p>Not worried about the test. It’s not priority for me right now lol. I’ll be searching for other Science related interships incase I don’t make the cut.</p>

<p>BTW is the entire test multiple choice?</p>

<p>@ shaheiruddin - i’m pretty sure it is!</p>

<p>good luck on the test tomorrow, everyone! see you guys there.</p>

<p>taking the test today…heres hoping</p>

<p>good luck to anyone else taking it today</p>

<p>It wasn’t that bad at all. The challenge math portion was also not that bad. It went well.
Only section I kind of had trouble with was the science since it tested so many broad topics.</p>

<p>How many chem and physics questions were there. I’m good in those.</p>

<p>there was more chem and physics than i expected, but it was all basic stuff that can be reasoned out if u dont know the material. the challenge math was easier than i expected, and honestly, they were right when they said not to study. i tried to study, and it didnt work at all. </p>

<p>all in all, though, im optimistic. i think i got all the easy math, and about 90-95% of the science, as well as twelve of fifteen challenge problems…it was a grueling test, though</p>

<p>Some anwers to the challenge math</p>

<p>9X, sqare root 63, 28 not confirmed, 1 point, 6, 6.5 not confirmed, 2:1 , $14, 640</p>

<p>The last easy math question was a bit hard the parrellelogram one.</p>

<p>i got 7x (b/c x+2x+2*2x)
2 points (b/c you need to account for when y is negative one-half)
864 (b/c there was a unit change from feet to inches)
13$ (b/c 60-20-15-12=13)</p>

<p>and isnt the area of a parallelogram just base times height?</p>

<p>Do you agree with the rest of my answers?</p>

<p>was there a lot of earth science?</p>

<p>^ A few weather questions. </p>

<p>I think one of the weather answers was cold front.</p>

<p>yea there was. the science part was mostly bio and earth science. and i didnt think there were that many physics questions at all.</p>

<p>there was a lot less pure bio and earth science than i expected though. i got cold front also, and did u get II, III, and IV for the rain one? and yes, for the others i either got the same answer, or didnt know which question it was. </p>

<p>for the x, y, z…y was 2x and z was 2y, right?</p>

<p>Ya i knew what to do but instead of adding 4 and 2 i multipled and got 8 then added 1 and got 9 LOL </p>

<p>I forgot that 4 + 2 = 6 and 6 + 1 equal 7. lol</p>

<p>for # 15 I put E. I dunno though</p>

<p>yup I also got 2 3 and 4. I’m happy that i have 3 more interships to appl yto as backs ups incase I don’t make the cut. I’m a junior trying to build up a strong science research resume since I plan on EDing to Columbia SEAS next year.</p>

<p>other kids taking the test on april 24th may have an advantage in seeing questions/answers ahead of time…you might not want to talk about that; it will lower your chances of getting in.</p>

<p>^um they’re going to get a another test. lol Columbia’s not dumb.</p>