Columbia University Science Honors Program ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

<p>don’t they also take the essay into consideration adn the transcripts?</p>

<p>For the curving issue, I didn’t really read through the specifics on the theories on here, but it is “curved” in the sense that, between a junior and freshman with the same score, they look more favorably on the freshman.
Although, I think they might consider the classes that you’ve taken (shown on your transcript). I surprisingly got in with half a year of biology as my only science and math up to the middle of algebra II (missed an otherwise easy triangle trig problem -_-). If you score high and have a relatively meager amount of science and math experience (as is the case when comparing freshman and sophomores to juniors), they take that into consideration.</p>

<p>No, quite honestly, your score on the entrance examination is EVERYTHING.</p>

<p>@JHUGirl: i would say that the hardness was pretty comparable to the middle of the AMC 12. you know how about the first half of the 12 is doable, and the other half is (at least for me) not? it was right in between. i would say, expect for all but the first one or two to be difficult, and about 2-5 (out of 15) to be impossible. from what ive heard, if u can answer two-thirds or more ur pretty much guaranteed.</p>

<p>I got think I got 7/15 or 6/15 right. Hopefully its enough lol</p>

<p>right it’s all mult choice</p>

<p>Were there more AMC 10 or AMC 12 problems on the exam</p>

<p>April 24th, 2010
Hamilton Hall. Anyone?</p>

<p>@miller452: they may change the order of the questions, but its still the same format of answers for specific questions (i.e. (1/4, 5/2) vs. 6:1 vs. 1/100 vs. $14). plus, i believe there were only 1 or 2 previous messages on this thread with answers to the challenge math (i looked at these after the test, of course). whoever’s taking the test on the 24th now possibly has a significant number of answers 2 the challenge math section if they see this…</p>

<p>if u want to compare answers, u shud probably message each other independently</p>

<p>Room and Building
Room 309 Havemeyer Hall anyone</p>

<p>@19optimistic some of the answers you posted are wrong. lol.</p>

<p>@ 19optimistic , im pretty sure that we are not going to have the same tests</p>

<p>im fairly certain they will change the test, but even if they dont, each answer we’ve posted has had one or two other answers posted for the same question. w/o knowing the question, and figuring it out for themselves, they could not actually know the answer</p>

<p>i rly think that columbia will change the test…but the level of difficulty will be the same tho. cuz it wouldnt be fair for the students who took it first.</p>

<p>i sure do hope u guys are right about changing the tests…lol.</p>

<p>and @shaheiruddin: I know those aren’t the actual answers, lol…I purposely made them up to serve as EXAMPLES of the differently formatted answers and how one could guess which answer goes with each question. I don’t believe in publicly sharing answers to standarized tests on this site.</p>

<p>haha good one 19optimistic. lol.</p>

<p>hey,
I still gotta take it on the 24th.
How much physics would you say is on the science exam? Because Im taking AP physics next year but i learned some physics by taking ap calc bc, will this suffice?</p>

<p>Also, I called the lady running the program yesterday and she told me that the first math section was moderately easy and the challenge section was similar to the math lvl 2 SAT 2, is this true?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>are you a Sophomore or Junior in AP calc</p>

<p>@Wongtongtong the challenge section is nothing like math 2. it is harder and is more like AMC 12 math.</p>

<p>oh the AMC 12 , half of them are solvable and the other half are just a blur of numbers and letters and cosines and parabolas or whatever the case maybe … the challenge math is what im worried about :l</p>