Columbia University Science Honors Program ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

<p>junior
ok thanks guys</p>

<p>hopefully the challenge section isnt terribly hard</p>

<p>for a junior, how many questions on the challenge section for math would you say you need to get right in order to get in for sure?</p>

<p>OMG i just realized we have almost a week till the test!!!AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH</p>

<p>My daughter is going there next week for this exam, we are leaving from NJ, and planning to take No. 1 train at Cortlandt St. station in Manhattan (near WTC). Is this station still closed? Appreciate it if any one can provide information.</p>

<p>Couple of questions</p>

<p>1) when you say its like AMC 12, does that mean its like questions 1-15 in AMC 12, or like 5-20 or 10-25? or what?</p>

<p>2) How long do we get for each section?: first math section, science section and challenge section</p>

<p>3) Im scoring around 80-90 on the AMC 12, what do you think my chances are for doing well on the challenge section?</p>

<p>1) its like questions 5-20
2) i dont remember, but its around the same for each
3) i think uā€™ll do quite well. i score around a 90-100, and i got (i hope) 12. it really depends on why ur scoring what u get. i mostly score that b/c i can figure out how to do problems ive never encountered before. i think thats whats required on the challenge section, so if ur good at that, ur set</p>

<p>I also scored around 90-100 on the AMC 12 practice tests I found online. </p>

<p>Itā€™s doable I guess.</p>

<p>yeah, just to clear things up, i did not actually take the AMC 12. i took an online test from (i think) 2008. so thats what im comparing this to</p>

<p>Hey is anybody here that got in a freshman?
I heard that they almost never let freshman in, but I just took the test last weekend and Iā€™m in 9th gradeā€¦</p>

<p>i just took it last weekend too, and im a freshman. what room were u in?</p>

<p>In the mathematics hall. Room 207 I think.
There are people in my school that are in it that took it as freshman and none of them got in, but when they tried again as sophomores, some of them made it.</p>

<p>why dont they let freshman in though? whatā€™s the problem?</p>

<p>are there any examples of amc 12 math questions online?</p>

<p>Does anyone know the general topics of earth science on the exam?</p>

<p><a href=ā€œhttp://www.agmath.com/media//DIR_37352/DIR_49707/2008AMC12A.pdf[/url]ā€>http://www.agmath.com/media//DIR_37352/DIR_49707/2008AMC12A.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>this is a test from like 2008 for the AMC 12. to put it in perspective i think/hope i did rlly good, and i got a 96</p>

<p>pplz someone answer my question plz! lol. why dont they really let freshman in?</p>

<p>probably because they havenā€™t learned enough yet.</p>

<p>if i took the amc this year and it wasnā€™t easy do i have like no chance of getting in? iā€™m usually pretty good at math and iā€™m really good at science, but that test was pretty tough.</p>

<p>*sorry, i thought you meant incoming freshmen.
is it even true they donā€™t let freshmen in?</p>

<p>is the test an hour per each section?
and are there penalties on wrong answers as opposed to no penalty for leaving them blank (like the SATs)?</p>

<p>there are penalties for wrong answers. the penalty is 1/(the number of possible answers-1), so that if u just randomly guessed, it would even out to 0</p>

<p>Is the test hard? I mean what type of amc math were on there? and scienceā€¦</p>