Comments about off-topic posts in another thread

I’m not having that problem with the ads loading. I do on another forum I read but this forum hasn’t had that problem.

Are others having the problem of the pages jumping around?

Same, no problems here with ads/screen jumping around (I use a macbook pro, IPad and IPhone)

1 Like

Iphone hops around. iPad and computer are fine…no hopping around.

2 Likes

I finally got around to reading this thread (while on vacation gazing at incredible beauty outside, but a lull in our “active” time).

That post was solely referring to people who flagged and wanted threads shut down for their own reasons (off topic or posting of things they don’t want). Instead of flagging, if they don’t like those threads (wanting them shut down), why don’t they move on to other threads as I do with threads I’m not interested in. Why do they want to insist that those who are enjoying them can’t have them?

Within a thread (open thread, posts not flagged unless there’s name calling or spammers or similar), I like to read opposing thoughts. It’s one of the reasons I’m still on cc - to see how others think - their experiences and thoughts, etc.

If more people want groupthink than don’t, then it’s me who needs to find a different place.

2 Likes

Mine still hops around. If I am able to close an ad (the little x is small and at the very edge of the screen) another appears shortly thereafter.

I think I figured out why my ipad still jumps around all over the place (and it does and its really annoying). My ipad keyboard attaches magnetically along the side of my ipad, so the ipad is in landscape mode (horizontal, not vertical) and the ads end up in the bottom right corner. When they reload, or a new ad appears, the page jumps all over the place. And the little “X” to close it is off the edge of the screen. Even when I turn the ipad vertically to close the ad, others do subsequently appear. Hope this helps, @CC_Mike .

My iphone still jumps around like crazy. Doesn’t matter if it’s in desktop or mobile mode. I really hope that gets worked out soon.

1 Like

yep- the phone too. Grrr. Was identifying, I think, why I am also having ipad issues and others said they weren’t.

This is helpful - I’ll report this back to the team for some testing.

This one still eludes us. We’re testing some changes that remove the ads that appear in between posts, but I’m not sure that will fix the issue. We’ll keep tweaking things and testing until we find an ultimate solution.

1 Like