Common app mistake

My son reported 8th grade French with high school name but his high school transcript doesn’t have 8th grade info.

He found out today as info below that he should have not mentioned it under other courses.

What are the consequences and what can we do now?

# How do I report middle school courses in Courses & Grades?

**u should only report middle school courses that appear on a high school transcript. Otherwise, you should not report middle school courses.

To report a middle school course, use the ‘Other Courses’ section. For ‘School Name,’ choose the name of the high school that lists the course on the transcript. You do not need to add the middle school name.

Fix for future schools and write to your admissions officer where you did submit thus far - noting the error - is what I’d do.

2 Likes

Not all that many common app schools use courses and grades…here’s the list: Applicant Support

I agree with tsbna…make the change now (if he still has to submit to any more schools that use C&G).

Then email the AO (or sometimes the portals have an area to report a change/mistake and/or connect with admissions) and tell them the mistake…again, only do this for the schools that require the common app C&G info. Just a short and sweet email with the facts.

This is not a big deal at all (in case he is upset)!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.