Common Data Set Release Date for 2022-2023?

Does anyone know when the common data sets are supposed to be released for last year’s admission cycle? Is there a set date they have to be reported? For example, Stanford has released theirs for 2022-2023:

56,378 applications, 2,075 accepted - roughly a 3.5% accept rate
edited to add Yale’s CDS is up: 50,060 applications, 2,289 accepted - about a 4.6% accept rate

I know some Ivy league schools have said they are not releasing, but I havent seen many other T30s release either…anyone know if there is an actual due date the school’s need to submit them to the College Board?

1 Like

There is no “in general;” it’s whenever they’ve finished the very time-consuming processes on compiling and analyzing the data. Colleges were posting the 2021-2022 CDS well into the Spring and early Summer.

thanks

1 Like

I’ve seen a few recently. This is quite early, even earlier than Pitt’s typical March release, which has been the earliest I’ve seen in the past.

My experience has been that April/May sees a large volume, and then more straggling in all Summer.

There is not a deadline, no - it’s a voluntary exercise.

Thanks so much - very helpful!

I think they are usually done by June 1, though I’m not sure it’s an actual deadline. Then some time in June, the latest CDS data are displayed in College Navigator. Often, data may be available in College Navigator even for colleges that don’t publicly post a CDS.

Harvard typically waits until late May to post the CDS.

1 Like

thank you!

Anyone know why colleges have been so slow to post their 2022-23 Common Data Sets? This seems unusually late - is the delay perhaps a holdover from covid years? Among top-ranked schools, I see no 2022-23 CDS for: MIT, UChicago, UPenn, Duke, Northwestern, WashU, Rice, UVA, USC, Brandeis, Ohio State, GWU. Dartmouth posted, but entirely skipped C9 (the score section).

(Much of the CDS data for the high school class of 2022 admission process is already available at College Navigator, but not all of it, such as ED data, waitlist data, and the SAT composite score range.)

As noted above, I’ve seen many more 2022-23 CDS forms, much earlier, this year than in the past.

Some schools are always going to be on different timetables.

Wayback Machine first shows the 21-22 CDS for Penn on Sept. 29 last year, Northwestern June 29, Rice June 25, Brandeis July 4, GWU July 22, USC Sept. 22, WashU July 6.

UVA 2022-23 is available. Ohio State is the only one I checked that is meaningfully later than last year.

Dartmouth left out C9 last year also, so it appears to be a choice, not an error. As seen by their “updated date” ranging from February to late July, it varies by year, likely true of other schools