Community College Courses in UC GPA?

<p>Hello, I was wondering if the University of California includes community college course grades when calculating your UC GPA? And if so, do the courses count as AP courses (as in, A = 5, B = 4, C= 3, etc)?</p>

<p>No, only grades for high school courses count. Community college courses certainly help you though.</p>

<p>Only 4 year long classes at AP, IB, or CL level count for extra point. A community college class can count as one of the 4 classes if you take it in the right timeframe i.e. summer of soph or junior year for example … you’ll know when you do the app on Pathways.</p>

<p>If the course is IGETC and you take it during Soph or Junior years (incl. summer before your senior year), yes, all college courses count for UC gpa. They also fulfill a-g requirements. For example, you could take a one-semester Art History course at a juco to fulfill the VAPA requirement (if IGETC).</p>

<p>You do not have to take the course during the summer. You can also take a college course during the regular HS year.</p>

<p>The course will count for a bonus point IFF it is similar to an AP/IB course. In the example above, an IGETC (transferable) Art History course taken a a juco would count for a bonus point since it is similar to AP Art History. But, taking Alg II at a juco would not count as a bonus point bcos even Honors Alg II taken at the HS level is not eligible for the bonus point. The equivalent of Span 1-2 at a juco no; Span IV, yes.</p>

<p>I took Intermed. Algebra (Algebra II equiv for hs) from a Community College during the summer before entering 10th grade and gotten an A. So, it won’t count for the UC gpa, then should I even spend the $10 to have the CC send the transcript to UC?</p>

<p>you will need to send the transcript after you are accepted to UC. You do not need to send transcripts now. Yes, the course WILL count for UC-gpa, but will not count for a bonus point. Since it is a required a-g course, make sure you include it on your application.</p>

<p>Note, even tho a college course is typically one semester (which equals two high school semeters), you only get one grade for UC gpa calculation from the one semester college course.</p>

<p>^^ I was wondering the exact same thing. Thanks so much for asking and answering this question.</p>

<p>Thank you bluebayou. My CG couldn’t give me a straight & clear answer to this.</p>