Community College Transcript Help

The summer after I graduated high school I took a course at a community college. I had previously taken courses at this community college with the assistance of my college counselor who helped in the process of enrolling in them. When I previously took them I was taking them concurrently while in high school and had access to stable internet, place to take my courses, and laptop. In the courses I received As in all of them. When I took the course in the summer I was able to enroll myself and start the class. After starting the course I received billing information, which I never received before when I took my previous courses. With a shift in my financial security and my access to certain resources, I could not continue this course. Unaware of what this meant for me, I stopped my course work assuming that if I didn’t take the course I wouldn’t have a bill anymore. I thought that if I couldn’t pay the bill they would have dropped me. After a couple months I received an email with my report card showing an F for the course. I contacted the college to explain that I didn’t think that I would still be enrolled. When I had my college advisor I never had to deal with anything like that before.

Is there anything I can do to get this expunged from my record as this can affect my college transcripts and my future college plans. My previous transcript with them show all As except for this one F. Is there anything I can do or should tell the admin at the college to help me get this removed from this record?

Some colleges have a process whereby you can petition to have a failing expunged, but I certainly wouldn’t count on this being possible. Instead, you may have to focus on providing a clear, succinct explanation of what happened with a valuable lesson learned.