Comp Sci or MIS summer internship AT&T

<p>Job Description
AT&T Summer 2013 Student Intern - Technical I<em>-</em>1277417
Description
The Information Technology Summer Internship Program for the summer of 2013 is a strategic program that enables participants to combine their coursework experience with the skills and real world experience needed to broaden their knowledge across the IT application development spectrum.
Through our student internships, you’ll benefit from the combination of classroom theory and real world experience.* You will receive on-the-job training where interns can work with project teams.
Our internships will give you hands-on experience and valuable knowledge that will last you a lifetime. You’ll make valuable contacts and get the inside view of telecommunications from the industry leader.
Mentors are assigned to each intern, one for project and one for additional skills development.
This program is an 8-12 week program in the summer of 2013<em>and curriculum may include one or many of the following subjects:
Java
J2EE
Oracle
C/C++/Unix
HTML
XML
Project Management
Requirements
Strong Team Building Skills
Finance
Leadership Skills
Qualifications
Required Qualifications:
Working towards BS or BA degree</em>in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field
Good communication, self-motivation and teamwork skills are a must
3.2 GPA or above
Open to US Citizenship or Permanent Residents
Must be proficient using Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook
Must possess both outstanding written and oral communication skills
Ability to clear a criminal background check, driver’s license check and drug test
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
Ability to operate a personal computer, wireless equipment, copier and fax
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Job<em>-</em>College
Primary Location<em>-</em>United States
Other Locations<em>-</em>Georgia-Atlanta, New Jersey-BEDMINSTER, California-San Ramon, Texas-Dallas, Illinois-Chicago, Washington-REDMOND
Schedule<em>-</em>Full-time*<em>Shift</em>-<em>Day Job
Employee Status</em>-<em>Regular
Job Posting:</em>Nov 29, 2012, 9:24:34 AM<em>-</em>Unposting Date:<em>Feb 12, 2013, 11:00:00 PM
Job Level</em>-*Associate/First Level Manager
<a href=“https://att.taleo.net/careersection/10161/jobdetail.ftl[/url]”>AT&T Careers | Job search</a>
If this link doesn’t work, then…
Go to the ATT website go to bottom Careers</p>

<p>Mom2, thank you for the information. Your link didn’t work for me, but I did go to Att/careers to see what might be available. Looks like there is nothing close to us; I really want S home for this summer as he will still be 18 and I really don’t want to pay housing costs elsewhere. I did have a question you might be able to answer…as academically he is a junior, can he put that on his resume or would that look misleading because of his age? I noticed that the few internship opportunities I have seen they want “rising juniors or seniors.”</p>

<p>My kids always put their year by credit standing unless the app clearly stated to put actual number of years in college. For instance, some REUs only want students who are in their second actual year of college to apply.</p>

<p>My D put down her academic standing for the REU she did last year. </p>

<p>The REU people will interview your S. They will consider his experience, courses taken, skills, and grades when they make their decision. Best of luck to you!</p>