Comparing GPA...

<p>Hey everyone!
May I ask for your opinions? So I have a GPA that is slightly over 4.0, which I'm very happy about. However, I am the secretary for a honor society and almost all the other seniors have like 4.2s and higher (I have to check everyone's report cards)! I really want to go to duke but I'm worried that compared to my peers, I'm not good enough. Any words of encouragement, especially from those who were accepted into schools like duke?</p>

<p>Class rank matters. You are probably in the top 10% so don’t worry about it.</p>

<p>There are several factors to consider. What is your unweighted GPA? Why do the other students have higher GPAs-because they are taking more rigorous weighted classes, or are they performing the better in similar classes? Are you taking the most rigorous course load you can? Are you in the top 10%? And very importantly, how many of those students with higher GPAs will be applying to Duke and other colleges you will be applying to? First off, you will be compared to students from your own school so if 10 other students apply with higher GPAs, that hurts. Besides from grades though there are still test scores to consider as well as ECs ect.</p>