Competitive mca score?

I don’t even know if I can consider this school a reach or not, probably just a 100% no. My MCA score is around 4350-4440. Do people this low even get accepted, because i see people with 4700+ scores. I plan on applying under economics with the alternate major as business administration. I can switch them if it would increase my chances of admission. I am pretty much equally interested in both. Any insight is appreciated. Also, gumbymom if you see this, can I be like 90% sure I will get into sdsu with a 4432 EI? Good chance it goes up to 4500ish if I get an improved SAT score which I most likely will.

There is some MCA data on this thread so you can see how you stack up to the MCA scores posted last year.
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2060363-2018-final-status-p4.html

How do your stats compare to the Freshman profile averages from last year 2018:
CP GPA: 4.12 ACT: 30 SAT: 1410

Based on target and projections, Econ is a tougher admit %wise but Business Admin has 5x more applicants.

Regarding SDSU, I think it is a solid Match school for you but a 90% chance is considered a safety school, which it is not.
Also SDSU and SLO only accept up to the November SAT sitting so you are you retaking it in November?

Yes, I also took the school day SAT today. I’m aiming for somewhere between 1230-1300. I realize this is is considerably lower than the average sat, but I’m really only applying just because why not, maybe a miracle will happen. I also just realized that my cal poly gpa is only like 3.8ish because my freshman grades were bad, where as my standard uc/csu gpa is 4.13. I wish they looked at grade improvement, but I heard they don’t. I’m like 95% I will get denied, but I’m just applying because all my friends are as well. Hoping I’m just in that like bottom 10% accepted :smiley: Either way, I think I will be satisfied if I get accepted into SDSU.

Most of those high scores are engineering and CS MCAs. Business and Econ will be lower, how much though, I can’t tell you. If you want a very useful business degree, that’s less competitive to get in, look at IT in the B School. Good luck!

I’m most likely applying to SJSU under Business Administration with a concentration Accounting Information Systems if that is what you are talking about.

I mean at Cal Poly. You expressed concern about getting into either Business Administration or Economics. IT is worth a look.

is it more competitive?

IT is less competitive.