Computer Based Honors

DD is a finalist as well! :smile: I am so happy for her, and thrilled that sheā€™ll have a chance to visit the campus again too.

DS just ran in as I was reading this thread and said he received the email that he was selected as a finalist alsoā€¦Iā€™ll have to peel him off of the ceiling nowā€¦congratulations to all whose kids were chosen! :smiley:

D is in too!!! Just got her email from Mrs. Batson! So excited for this ever since August.

DS just checked his accountā€¦heā€™s a finalist. He is thrilled!
amazondotmom - I just wanted to encourage you. We were told by two current CBH students to not give up if our son was placed in the reserve pool. They said exactly what has been posted here already- that students back out or go elsewhere. Itā€™s still early in the college process, so many students have not made that final choice. Hang in there.

After interviewing, how soon would a Finalist get word of whether they are selected for CBHP?
And how many finalists are there interviewing for the 40 spots?

My D is in, too! After a disappointment this morning on finding out that sheā€™s in the reserve pool for UFE.

With all the Illinois kids at Bama, maybe someone else will be flying down from Oā€™Hare?

I think 50 kids are invited to interview. Ds knew by mid-March.

Congrats to all the finalists! And, reaffirming that kids are pulled in from the reserve pool bc kids decide to go elsewhere, decide CBH isnā€™t a match, etc.

DD is finalist! She is so excited!! We were also told during a tour not to give up if wait-listed after the interview weekend. Many students decide not to attend UA or decide CBHP is not for them. I am just so excited she is a finalist!!

@hs2015mom This is a surprise to me. I have heard about the reserve pool for CBHP, but didnā€™t know there was one for UFE. My DD also had a phone interview for UFE. I guess our daughters will meet at CBHP weekend. :slight_smile:

Iā€™d love to know if anyone else will be flying in from Northern California (SFO or OAK) for CBHP weekend.

@SFBayMamaā€Œ Congrats to your D! My dā€™s email from UFE said that she is in a reserve pool for the weekend, to potentially be invited if not all of the the 60 finalists can make it.

@hs2015 Thank you for the additional information. Well that still sounds fairly promisingā€¦better than a rejection! We are eagerly awaiting notification of DDā€™s status for Fellows. I hope your D ends up getting to go for UFE weekend!

Good luck to everyone! We will keep our fingers crossed that they ā€œdipā€ into the reserve pool. Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement! I am so glad that there is so much information about the University of Alabama on College Confidential! We would have never considered it if there wasnā€™t this forum.

Congrats to all the finalists and Good Luck! If you are in the ā€œreserve poolā€ā€¦keep in touch with the program and reiterate your interest.
If you are not selected, know that there are many opportunities at The University of Alabama.

Again Good Luck and Roll Tide!

Yay - selected as a finalist! Waiting to hear back from UFE before I book my flight.

S selected as a finalist. Very excited. Congrats to the other finalists I and good luck to all on the reserve list.

My son was selected as a finalist too! Heā€™s excited about the interview weekend, just booked his flights today!

Does anyone know how many are interviewed? I believe they have 40 spots this year.

I believe they invite 50. 40 is the number of spots every yr. :smile:

Hey CBHP finalist parents - any of you all going to be in Tuscaloosa during the interview weekend? I am going to be tagging with my D b/c she is coming straight from another interview weekend the two days prior, and for that school parents were asked to come. Anyone interested in having a ā€œCBHP parentā€ dinner somewhere on that Sunday?? PM me if you would like!