Computer choices

<p>We are considering a Fujitsu T-4220 -2 or a more advanced but less RAM and HD, Fujitsu-5010-1. we see no reason to dish out almost $2600.00 dollars for a Fujitsu-5010-2. Has anyone gone to the VT Bookstore and looked up the models there. It is absolutely a better price than other sites. We also thought about a DELL or an HP, directly from manufacturer, but VT still has a better price and the fact that it comes with accidental coverage and repairs are done right there, instead of pick up and drop off. Opinions??</p>

<p>The repair process for laptops you buy at VT is pretty good. Just drop it off at the bookstore and tell them what's wrong, and pick it up at the bookstore when they're done. It took then a few days to get me my laptop back when the harddrive died but the repair was free since I was under the extended warranty and I think if it's going to be a really long time they'll give you a loaner laptop. I'd buy from the bookstore as long as it was cheaper or close to cheaper.</p>

<p>Is a tablet pc really necessary for engineering?</p>

<p>check this out
Tablet</a> PC Reviews</p>

<p>there is a thread in there from an incoming VT engineering that will give you some good ideas</p>

<p>I think they're actually mandatory for engineers, unless they changed it. You HAVE to have one to do some of the assignments.</p>