Computer engineering VS Computer science VS electrical engineering

<p>Hey guys! I am going to apply to A&M next month, but I'm now having a hard time choosing a major. What's the difference between these three majors? They seem to be the same. I have checked the degree plans for them; the classes that are needed to take are almost the same, too. which one doesn't require strong chemistry and biology background? I'm very bad at those courses. And which do you think have the best future in term of job market? Thank you!</p>

<p>Computer engineers enjoy the highest starting salaries of all the majors in US; its about $70,000 annually. I don’t think any of these majors require a chemistry or biology background.</p>

<p>None of them require a chemistry/biology background. Electrical & Computer Engineers are required to take CHEM 107 & CHEM 117, though, but Comp Sci majors aren’t.</p>

<p>There is a close difference between electrical and computer engineering in Tamu, but I feel there is a significant difference between ECE and computer science. ECE deals mainly with the hardware part of devices, while computer science deals vastly with programming. if u are very much interested in programming, then u should consider computer science; if u are interested in hardware engineering, then u ask yourself if u want to deal mainly with computers or electrical devices at large; then u can choose b/w computer and electrical engineering.</p>

<p>The background science that you need more for Electrical or Computer Engineering will be physics much more than chemistry or biology.
Programming is very much involved in all three of the majors you named.</p>