Computer Science folks...need opinion on schedule

<p>Son was planning on taking the following courses Spring 2013:</p>

<p>EN103 (Honors Fresh Comp - 3hrs)
MTH126 (Calc 2 - 4hrs)
ENGR 151 (Engineering Graphics - 1hr)
CS 250 (Programming 2 - 2hrs)
CS 260 (Foundations of CS - 3hrs)</p>

<p>Total: 13hrs</p>

<p>In his advising appointment, his advisor suggested adding one of the core requirement courses (HU/L/FA/HI/SB), which would add another 3 credit hours. </p>

<p>My opinion is that he will be plenty busy with the 13 hr schedule above (esp. with EN103 and MTH126) - but I don’t really know enough about any of those classes to make an informed opinion.</p>

<p>Can anyone who is familiar with the CS curriculum weigh in on demands of this 2nd semester schedule?</p>

<p>One reason I wouldn’t like the 13 hrs is that it would prevent him from dropping a class if he really didn’t care for one. Probably wouldn’t happen with the classes you listed, but I like for my daughter to have 15hrs, just in case. What about adding an UH class? There are a few 1-2 hour classes.</p>

<p>I would add one more class. </p>

<p>Look over the Core course offerings. There probably is one that won’t be too demanding.</p>

<p>I do think everyone should take Philosophy Deductive Logic, but I’m not sure if it fulfills any Core. And, the good thing about this class…no final exam…and you can finish the class early …</p>

<p>A 3 CR core course that would also fulfill a UH requirement would be ideal. (Kill two birds with one stone.) Not that everything should be easy, but if there were an ‘easier’ or ‘less time consuming’ option - that would be perfect. Suggestions? (He is currently taking Arts and Parody and loves it.)</p>

<p>He actually only ‘needs’ 2 more UH credits…so he could probably take a couple of 1 credit UH classes over the next couple semesters - but it doesn’t help with the HU/L/FA/HI/SB credit requirement.</p>