Computer Science major from Texas where should I apply? [3.9 GPA, 1580 SAT]

I don’t know the student’s religious affiliation - but I agree, SMU is a great one although the student dynamic will be different than Rice and it might help to know what the student seeks - TCU, Baylor, Trinity, Tulsa (not too far), Tulane (not too far) - if staying close to home is a desire.

I am curious what they mean by “not super supportive”? And what year those students are that said that.

My D is a Rice grad (actually still there finishing up her masters). She was an engineering major which is obviously not CS but she felt it was a very collaborative and supportive environment. Freshmen year was tough - but I think you’ll find the same rigor at any good school as a STEM major.

I agree with the earlier poster that I would not rule it out without visiting yourself and talking to some more students. In fact, I would not ED anywhere without visiting first.

2 Likes

The students who said that were in their junior and senior years. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.